Pharmaceutical Product Development CRA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

STAR format; asked about experience. I was then asked to fill out an on-line questionnaire for the managers, which I declined to do, as I felt they would have offered a 1:1 interview had they been interested.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a conflict with a coworker? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview and two interviews online. All the staff was very pleasant and easy going. I was asked to respond to questions via email by HR recruiter. I spoke to the recruiter by phone to verify responses. The recruiter set up a phone interview with a manager. I then had two consecutive interviews with two managers. I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you remain organized?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when an unexpected assignment required you to set aside your planned responsibilities. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Within a day a telephone interview was set up which took place by the end of the week. The following week there was a face to face.

The phone screening was with a Clinical Direct Line Manager and the face to face with an internal recruiter and another one of the Clinical Manager. The interview comprised two part -
    1) About my background and experience. How I would fit into the role and why I would make a good CRA at PPD. Led by the line manager. Know your own background very well and be ready to explain every section of you career.
    2) The regular competency based questioning led by the recruiter. Communication, problem solving, team work, organisation. All answered in the STAR format.

There was an emphasis one long term career paths as PPD as big on training and development. It is worth doing some background into the company and the areas that they work in. In addition, let your personality shine through - i felt that team fit was important here. The entire interview lasted for approximately 90 minutes.

The day after the interview me and the internal recruiter had one final informal chat, incase any questions crept up an the formal offer was made a couple of days later. Overall a very positive experience and nice to see a company that are looking for more than just someone 'that do the job' so to speak.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things your work colleagues say you and then 3 things a family member would say about you   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Interview

I had 2 telephone interviews. Then, they flew me in for a face-to-face during which I interviewed with 3 more people. I was home by later that day. I did do the average 'prep' work prior to the interview, looking things up about the company and preparing standard interview responses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their pay structure seems pretty regimented with little wiggle room. I was brought in above the "average" starter due to previous experience in the field, but it was still low.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regional (Peru)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Regional (Peru)) in September 2012.

Interview

3-4 interviewer process . Long process, first recruiter screens and then you will be called for regional interview- 2-3 people will interview lasting for 45 minutes approximately

CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smolensk (Russia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Smolensk (Russia)) in October 2011.

Interview

You can send CV by email or apply on web ppdi.com. Or if you know somebody who work in PPD, you can ask to refer you SV to HR. (This person can get bonus ;-) After, you will have Phone interview with HR or manager from depertment you wish work. Then you may be invited to in-house interview. If you you get an offer you will have 2 weeks training -Virtual Clinical Foundation Program (like RPG computer game:-)

Interview Questions

• Questions are not very difficult. Your previos expirience? Therapeutic areas you work? Why you decide to work here?   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in June 2008.

Interview

The Interview process was very intense. It consisted of online testing, in person testing (job specific) and a series of phone an in person interviews. Everybody was very hospitable, however when I arrived for my interview nobody was available to greet me. I waited 30 minutes before anybody knew who I should be interviewd by.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not perform as well as you expected and why. What did you do to correct this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A small amount of negotiating room was offered. I would suggest doing your research first.