Pharmaceutical Product Development Project Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pharmaceutical Product Development Project Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter about a month after applying. She set up a time to have a phone interview with me. She wasn't very friendly during the interview which made it more difficult, but I guess she liked my answers enough to set up an in-person interview at PPD. There, I met with three different people for one-on-one interviews and they were all welcoming and easy to talk to. It was just hard answering "tell me about a time" questions for two hours straight.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with an HR rep and then an in person interview ~1 week later with 3 employees. I met with two people from the Clinical Admin Team and one Sr. Project Assistant. They had me sit in their conference room and filtered in and out one person after another for 30 minutes each. They all asked STAR questions and had packets that they wrote my answers down in. Since they were all asking questions to understand your teamwork, time management, problem-solving skills. It became difficult by the third interviewer because it was tough to keep in my head the examples or what I had already said to another interviewer. In summary, it was a long and slightly stressful 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give the STAR (situation, task, action, result) for a time when you worked successfully as part of a team (and describe your role).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Morrisville, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Initially there was a phone screening to determine if you would move on to the interview process. After the phone screening I was notified for an interview three days later and the interview process occurred a week after the phone screening. The interview consisted of 3 different 1-on-1 interviews. The first one was on site and the second and third were via phone. Each interview lasted 30 minutes. They were very nice and answered any questions. Very straight to the point about the position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a promise at work and couldn't keep to it?   Answer Question
    • The interview process was very situational. They want you to describe a situation, your actions and the results. They want details.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

You meet with 3 managers. Each asks you a series of questions with each interview lasting approximately 30 minutes each. Each interviewer is friendly and gives you an opportunity to think through the questions and respond. They also will repeat any questions that clarity is needed for.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

First, I was emailed a questionnaire to fill out and submit back to HR, then I received an interview to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and took about 10-15 minutes. Then i was asked to fill out another questionnaire and submit to HR. A few weeks later I received a call to set up a time to complete an on-site interview. This was typical STAR method questions. Lengthy interview, took a little over 2 hours but the interviewers were very easy going and made the process less stressful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work on multiple projects at once, how did you prioritize them, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied and received the customary generic response email "Thank you for submitting". Within minutes of receiving that email I received an email from the Recruiter asking for a phone screening interview and the best time to reach me. Had the phone interview and was told she was sending my information to the hiring manager and if they want to meet with me she would contact me. The Recruiter contacted me via email and asked what days I was available. I received an email with my itinerary from the On-site coordinator a day before my interview. I interviewed with 3 separate managers in the department. Each interview lasted 45+ minutes because it was so relaxed. They used the STAR method and will explain what they want when asking questions. After the interview was over I was sent an email from the Recruiter and the On-site coordinator telling if I had questions to contact them. My interview was on a Wednesday and I was made an offer 2 weeks later. You have to submit to a background check and drug test. Both are time sensitive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you couldn't deliver on a promise you made at work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current position and work for PPD?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They stated the salary range, I asked for the maximum, and I got the maximum.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and easy. I met with one person at a time, rather than the dreaded interview panel, which was a relief. Some of the questions were a little redundant and I found myself giving very similar answers as a result. Interviewers were very friendly and passionate about their jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Morrisville, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, then interviews with three managers from different locations. They heavily use STAR format for their questions. People are really friendly and like to know what your long term goals are. Provide detailed examples. I heard one manager say they want to imagine the stories you're talking about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

Was interviewed by 2 managers, and they just asked me situations and how I responded to the situations. The STAR system was implemented. Interviewers were SUPER nice, it took 2 hours but it wasn't too stressful or bad.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake and how did you respond to it.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Interview

I filled out a questionnaire provided by the recruiter. The recruiter then set up a phone interview. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview with 3 people. Interview was simple and easy going. I interviewed on a Friday and was offered the job the following Monday.