Pharmaceutical Product Development Interview Questions in Wilmington, NC | Glassdoor

Pharmaceutical Product Development Interview Questions in Wilmington, NC

Updated May 31, 2017

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied though PPD website. HR contacted me for a pre-screening and then sent me an application to complete. I had to wait a few weeks for all of the players to be available. They rescheduled twice. Once we confirmed, I interviewed with an HR representative and a current senior executive assistant. Once that was over, I met with the VP of HR. Interview questions were typical and both women we very kind and easy to speak with. Interview was very casual. The negative impressions were with the expectations. I was asked if I could be available at 6am to arrange meetings and if I was available to answer e-mails up to 10pm. The current senior executive assistant said her hours were so long that she had to have extended day care....for her animals. Even after that strange exchange, I was willing to put in the hard work and hours. About a week later the HR rep called to tell me that they had decided to go with someone else. A friend of mine (an employee of PPD) later revealed to me that they hired someone from within. A complete waste of my time.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter about a month after applying. She set up a time to have a phone interview with me. She wasn't very friendly during the interview which made it more difficult, but I guess she liked my answers enough to set up an in-person interview at PPD. There, I met with three different people for one-on-one interviews and they were all welcoming and easy to talk to. It was just hard answering "tell me about a time" questions for two hours straight.

Document Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone screening which took about 30 minutes with a recruiter. A couple days later I received an email about an in person interview. The interview was with 3 supervisors and each lasted about 45 minutes. They ask lots of STAR based personality questions. Two days after my interview I was contacted by a recruiter with a job offer. My start date was 2 weeks after the offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• When have you made a mistake at work? What was it and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The questions were all about my experience in analyzing data and how well I knew excel. Basic interview. I walked in and the nice HR representative lead to me the conference room. The interview was one on one. They pretty much pushed me out though in 15 minutes because they had to interview so many people. I didn't get the job but it was because I lacked experience.

Interview Questions

• How efficient are you on excel on a scale from 1-10?   1 Answer

Operations Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

90 minute interview (30 minutes with 3 separate interviewers). Mostly behavioral and recent work history questions. Nothing too difficult. The interviewers were very personable and pleasant to talk to. Very relaxed, conversational type of interview.

CRA I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Started with a call with a recruiter (found through LinkedIn), then within a week I had a call with a manager. After that call HR contacted me within 4 hours to schedule an in person interview. That interview was completed about a week and a half later. Two weeks later they contacted with the offer.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were behavioral based.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were not necessary at this phase. The offer was more than sufficient.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with HR then three people via teleconference due to their respective locations. The interviews lasted 45 minutes each. They used the STAR method in asking questions. Interviewee should be familiar with past experiences in their workplaces and how they overcame and succeeded in various situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was so well-aligned no negotiation was necessary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

It was a while back so not really remember all the details, but they were nice. Lack of systematic approach but a group of very hard working people, and I ended up to get the job, so it was all good.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

PPD conducted a phone based interview, split into 3 seperate parts with 3 individuals, for a period of about 45 minutes each. The entire phone interview lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I was asked numerous questions and was afforded the opportunity to ask any questions that I had. The interview behavioral evaluation questions are all "STAR" questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result), designed to elicit a response from you that requires you to think on your feet. All interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you missed a deadline and how you handled that.   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

First, I was emailed a questionnaire to fill out and submit back to HR, then I received an interview to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and took about 10-15 minutes. Then i was asked to fill out another questionnaire and submit to HR. A few weeks later I received a call to set up a time to complete an on-site interview. This was typical STAR method questions. Lengthy interview, took a little over 2 hours but the interviewers were very easy going and made the process less stressful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work on multiple projects at once, how did you prioritize them, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question