Phase One CG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Phase One CG

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phase One CG (Alexandria, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter.Process too 2 weeks.Cultural and technical questions.More emphasis on Agile Scrum methodology.People are really nice ans helpful here.Technical questions based on salesforce.There was an initial 30 min phone screen followed by a second round of skype interview.(45mins).People were really nice and it was more like a healthy conversation about the project and company rather than nerve wrecking interview process.They were friendly and great throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on salesforce.There was an initial 30 min phone screen followed by a second round of skype interview.(45mins).People were really nice and it was more like a healthy conversation about the project and company rather than nerve wrecking interview process.They were friendly and great throughout the interview process.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Phase One CG in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through reference , got a call after couple of weeks for phone interview. Technical round was focused on my previous work experience , details about salesforce. After a week there was another phone interview with HR, It was fairly simple. They offered me job then.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phase One CG (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Recruiter reached out, would be very unresponsive. I would have to keep reaching out to set up phone interview. Finally made it through phone interview, met director in person, called & seemed very excited for me to join team but wanted me to speak with client first. Had a call with client, and after was told I would get offer. Literally took over a week to get an offer out and I responded back to negotiate. Recruiter went MIA for a week and then finally reached back out when I told them I already had accepted another offer. The entire process took 2 months. Literally in the time I got my initial offer and the time they got back to me with an updated offer, I had time to have a phone interview, had 3 in person interviews and gotten an offer from another company.

Seems very disorganized and unresponsive. Not the kind of company I would work for.

Word of advice? Get offer out as soon as possible if you truly value the candidate. Otherwise, another company will be quick to snatch him/her!

Interview Questions

• How would you go about gathering requirements for policies?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Phase One CG in June 2013.

Interview

Recruiter called to screen me and start interview process. One technical phone interview with Architect. Final interview was supposed to be a face to face but it was another phone interview with the head of technology.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still in progress but they seem to be quite helpful.

Senior Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Phase One CG (Alexandria, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and connected with a few networks in common. Got an immediate email request for a Monday phone interview. Interview got rescheduled to Wednesday, then rescheduled to the following Monday at 11. Then rescheduled again for 11:30. At 11:30, fully prepped an ready for the phone call, and nothing. Called into the recruiter on cell phone and the main office line to get voice mail. Frantically rechecking emails to confirm date, time, originator.... Email comes in at 11:45 from "Phase One Recruiting Team" that says that "the position" has been filled. Doesn't indicate the position, (there were several applied for) and nothing about the 11:30 interview. Finally got an email form the recruiter saying that I should have gotten a message about the now filled position prior to our interview. The move in HR is toward these impersonal "systems" and away from an actual phone call. For a company this size, this seems a bad way to do HR and a good way to ruin a good reputation.

Interview Questions

• What times are you available for a phone interview and what number can we reach you   1 Answer

Phase One CG Response

Jan 14, 2016 – Senior Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for your feedback and the time you took to discuss this with us over the phone. As we mentioned, this is not normal process for us and we try to handle each candidate's interview... More

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phase One CG in September 2014.

Interview

I had applied for this position online. I thought it sounded like a great opportunity and I liked that it was located in Alexandria. I followed up after a phone interview and was invited in for an in person interview. The parking situation here was very confusing. They did validate it for me but finding the allocated space was difficult. I'd recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early.

I met with an HR manager and one of the other recruiters. They both seemed like people I would work well with. They emphasized that this would be a position they could train someone to do. I thought that was a good sign that they saw potential in me. I had recently completed my MBA and wanted to break into recruiting. I thought this would be a good opportunity but they ended up going with another candidate. It was disappointing but truthfully, I didn't see many other young people in the office so maybe it wasn't a good fit for me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phase One CG (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Two telephone interviews of about 1 hour each. One was with the Project Manager and one with the Operations Director.
    The questions during the interview were relevant to the role and there were also a few challenging questions. Both interviewers were very knowledgeable and experienced. Overall it was a very positive experience. Glad I did some research about the company and prepared well.

Interview Questions

• Differences between Agile and classic project management approach.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phase One CG (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Very relaxed, they didn't know what kind of candidate they were looking for, the position description was confusing and it was a waste of my time. The role wasn't defined well enough and based on other reviews and interviews I warn others to stay away. They were not prepared in my view for the interview and pulling questions out of thin air and the format was not organized to say the least.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phase One CG (Alexandria, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Saw the job on indeed.com, and applied through the careers page. Within 2-3 days, a general HR phone interview was done and was invited to meet with three managers in next couple of days. They had just won a proposal for a big client and were looking for experienced person who was an expert on that technology and who could lead them to implement the project. But I was not that experienced, so I did not get an offer.
    Questions were only asked in my experience; no behavioral-type questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Which environment did you use to code your project?   1 Answer

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Phase One CG (Alexandria, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I met with senior leadership in the afternoon for about an hour. We discussed the proposal role including the As-Is and To-Be state, and how I might be able to help the company reach the desired goals. It was very casual. I later met with the CEO individually to talk about some of the concepts that were going to be shaping the company moving forward and, naturally, an onboarding timeline for my position. I still had a number of obligations with my then-current employer and they were willing to let me finish out my responsibilities and help find my back-fill (they gave me almost two months between our last interview and my start date to complete all of this).