Phase2 Technology Web Solutions Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

Web Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phase2 Technology (Alexandria, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Phase2 for a Web Solutions Analyst position. After a first positive discussion with the HR manager, I progressed to a one-hour telephone interview with a senior analyst. After that interview, I was asked to block out a 2-hour window for back-to-back Skype interviews approximately 2 weeks later. Which I did, however, the Skype portion of the interview failed on their end. Post those two interviews, Phase2 flew me in "to meet the team" two weeks after the last interview session.

What "meet the team" consisted of was a series of interviews/panels which started with a "Solutions Challenge" where you are instructed to design a web site after a brief question and answer session complete with wireframes. This was a rough session facing a three person panel, with already established ideas about their application development space. I was not informed that there would be a two hour interrogation after walking off the airplane and getting to their office. This was followed by a normal interview session with two new folks, and then a last session with a senior manager. All told, it was about 4.5 hours of non-stop interviewing.

I was, and still am, very impressed by the people of Phase2 - from their enthusiasm, their clients, and on-going work. I was not impressed by:
 - The unprofessionalism of the "Solutions Challenge"
 - Lack of follow-up even if they weren't interested
 - The amount of time I invested in the process for a no-go decision

As a senior professional, I am/was taken aback by the last interview scenario. I have interviewed many prospective candidates, and if there was to be any test of any sort, I informed them up front. I was also more interested in talking to past employers/clients about experience and perception rather than trials-by-fire.

The culture of Phase2 resembles a moderate .dotcom environment - youth, energy, cool working space.

Interview Questions

• The Solutions Challenge - a scenario were you will be asked to conduct a Q&A requirements gathering session, and then wireframe a solution.   1 Answer