Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg.

Interview

Very few questions, basic things like how do you stay organized or what is something a previous employer said you could work on. The interview was not long, you meet with 3 people from HR, and one of the administrators comes in and speaks to you for a bit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

i met with management and human resource member where they asked basic questions and experience related questions. I was then asked to take a typing test on the computer. I was then showed around office. A week later, I received an email with offer to join the team

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Standard questions about prior experience. Did not once mention if I was interested in growing with the firm. There was no mention of the core values of the firm, how the team I would be working for handles conflict, what my background is, or how the firm has developed their own internal communication strategies for helping home owners stay in their homes.

Interview Questions

• "Have you ever answered high volumes of phone calls?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was a long process. I applied and didint hear back for the for three week. Once the interview took place, it wasnt for another three week until I received the offer letter. Very long process, but this might be different now.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

They hire mostly by referral, and I was referred by a family friend in management. They asked for a resume only at first, and signed me up for an interview against five or so other candidates. A week later, they did a private interview with two managers. I wore a suit, and that seemed to help me get the job. They asked the typical questions; What was my education experience, my last job and outlook on life. I felt the interview went well and they said they'd call me. They left me in the dark for almost 2 months, but then came back with a yes or no request for full time employment.

Interview Questions

• The asked me if I had any intention of boasting or bragging about the firm to my friends or family.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The negotiation was fairly straight forward. They asked me if I was still interested, when was I available, and what sort of salary was I looking for. I asked them to make me an offer and they said 17/hr for 35 hours a week. They sent some paperwork to turn in to their office, and then went to work with them 2 weeks later.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg.

Interview

They call you in for your interview. Different people interview, it's not just one person who does all the interviews. Once the interview is done they let you know they will call or e-mail you with further details and if hired return with a call and send a letter outlining the details.

Interview Questions

• Think of a situation where you had to provide excellent service to a client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Depends on you. I negotiated but I heard some people didnt. Play it out.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There is no interview, they call you in and tell you what they do. You literally sit down at a table and they go over what they do on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not open to negotiations

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg in February 2013.

Interview

I emailed my resume to a former coworker who worked at this firm. They forwarded my resume to management and within a couple of weeks I received a phone call to set up an interview. I had an offer via email within 2 weeks of my interview and then received a phone call from HR to disuss it. I accepted the first offer, as the pay was much higher then the prior firm and the benefits package in itself was a raise.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was substantially better than the firm I came from. I was pleased with the offer presented to me.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg (Mount Laurel, NJ) in October 2009.

Interview

If they call you for an interview that means you got the job. Don't get excited though because EVERYONE gets the job. Interview is maybe 10 mins long and they will offer you the position right there on the spot. They don't check references, do background checks, or degree verification.

Interview Questions

• nothing too in depth. Where do you live, why did you leave your last job, can you handle working overtime if needed? Is this salary acceptable (if it's not, they'll find someone else, they're not into negotiating - pretty much all the legal assistants are easily replaceable)   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's all pretty standard - they'll hire ANYBODY because they are not afraid to fire people. It's better to them to hire anyone at $15/hr and fire them after a few months if it doesn't work out than to hire really good people with strong references, etc. and keep them around for years.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg.

Interview

1 interview not difficult.

Negotiation

No negotiation just offer letter with pay rate discussed during interview.