Philip Morris International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

3.1

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

Director Operations

Interview Questions

• How to involve each employee in applying the new techniques specifically   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

1 interview by phone, questions about salary expectations, background in research, motivation to change my job. Interviewed by an intermediary company, for a temporary position. Didn't receive any answer in 2 weeks.

INKOMPASS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed two online tests after applying. I heard back a while later, I'm assuming they wait for applications to close. I was called to set up a phone interview - phone interview was the next day (motivation, behavioural, situational, also a bit about your knowledge on the company), then was invited for an On-Ground Assessment, just at the end of the interview. The OGA is a full-day event, you have 4 exercises (speed-interviewing, presentation, group exercise where you evaluate topics and what other info you need to ask for, and another group exercise where you present an option and have to decide what to pursue). You get a lot of time to mingle and speak to PMI people during breaks, use this time wisely!! The OGA is quite relaxed and fun, so a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you hit a roadblock in a project and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philip Morris International in May 2017.

Interview

Selection consists of three stages. 1) online tests (numerical and situational) 2) creative assignment (describe yourself) 3) final on-ground assessment. In the final round, 24 participants were selected out of a pool of 900 candidates. The creative assignment included you describing yourself using an image. The participants were hosted in a hotel in the outside of Antwerp during two days, spending the night there.

Interview Questions

• At the OGA, we participated in four different assessments. One of them was speed dating where we had to answer questions in different circumstances, e.g. using song texts, using sentences that were written on a card you pulled...
      Other assessments include: provide analysis and recommendations on ST regarding issues with supplier, group discussion where you had to come to a conclusion of which product to invest in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International in May 2017.

Interview

Taook almost 1 month. At first one logical test, then one about behave, then a video interview, then also a phone interview. The last step is oga with other candidates. The number depends on how many people they want for the program. The are group projects, individual work, speed interview. Prepare to work a lot, it is very brain intensive. People are awsome, candidates and assessors/hr both. Try to sleep, be calm, ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tetll me about a time when you faced a calculated risk.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had organized something but then a problem came up, how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone tried to overcome all the members of your group. What did you do?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bologna (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Bologna (Italy)) in April 2017.

Interview

Two online test, one video interview. The first assessement verified my numerical reasoning abilities: there were 18 question in 30 minutes (it was quite difficult, but not impossible). The second one wanted to investigate my beaviour in different situations: I had to choose, among 4 different answers, the best choise and the worst one.

InKompassProgram 2017 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Mexico City (Mexico)) in April 2017.

Interview

The InKompass program is PMI's way to recruit interns to work in different huge projects within the company. The process starts online, where you're invited to do a couple of online tests (math and logic). If you pass them, you're invited to an On-Ground Assessment day, where you're involved in 4 different activities throuhout the day: 2 activities are to resolve cases with a team of 8 people (max), where your participation (and the quality of your participations) are strongly evaluated. 1 activity is a stand alone 5-minute presentation of a hard case, be prepared to read a lot and think more. The other activity is a series of 10-minute interviews with different people. The order of your activities and the people you get interviewed by, are random.
    Be yourself at all times, don't overreact, don't act and show off all your skills.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you found a new way to resolve a problem.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time where you had to learn a new skill very quickly.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you failed a deadline.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about you.   1 Answer

Procurement Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Normal online application
    Received an invite from the video interview provider - nothing from Philip Morris; not even an email update
    Recorded my interview and sent it through - very superficial and easy going questions, more for entry level positions rather than for an analyst or senior position (total of 5 questions)
    Announced within one week via email that they considered me too Junior for the position (although the job description was indicating a minimum experience of 2-4 years and I have over 6 years)
    The rejection email was sent by an intern within HR department, which I found it a bit strange given the fact that they supposedly were recruiting for a senior position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation when you had to work with a difficult person   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on their career site and got an invitation for online video interview three days after, was asked about general questions and the video last about ten minutes only. Still waiting for the next step.

INKOMPASS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Apply online, do online tests (top 20 / 400 candidates) invited to on ground assessment day. Four activities on this day. First is an individual case related to logistics, review tobacco logistics cases online to prepare. Second is a group case related to selected the best potential warehouse location, again review some basic logistics stuff. Third is a group activity identifying which information to buy in a business case. Fourth is just typical behavioral questions. Most people got out of 20 got an offer/rejection within a week, some candidates received no response after a month and are standby in case anyone declines offer. Research rothmans, benson, hedges

Interview Questions

• Behavioral
      Describe a time you created a change facing resistance
      Describe a time you helped in someones development
      Describe a time you took a risk
      Are you entrepreneurial
      What do you do for fun / free time
      whats a conflict / difficulty you overcame   Answer Question