Philip Morris International Interview Questions in Switzerland | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in August 2017.

Interview

Process lasted 1 week. Long distance Skype interview with a HR manager, a department manager and a HR intern in Lausanne, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The interview last about 30 minutes, got the offer 24 hours later.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

1 interview by phone, questions about salary expectations, background in research, motivation to change my job. Interviewed by an intermediary company, for a temporary position. Didn't receive any answer in 2 weeks.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in May 2017.

Interview

First phone interview: Past experience and fit questions.
    Invited to assessment center at HQ in Lausanne: 3 interviews (with different stake holders - tested skills and fit questions) + 1 presentation where you had to show analytical skills and rol related knowledge.
    The whole process was great and with good support and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Prepare presentation answering: How to assess the impact of one type of advertisement in the sales of one their products   Answer Question

Procurement Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Normal online application
    Received an invite from the video interview provider - nothing from Philip Morris; not even an email update
    Recorded my interview and sent it through - very superficial and easy going questions, more for entry level positions rather than for an analyst or senior position (total of 5 questions)
    Announced within one week via email that they considered me too Junior for the position (although the job description was indicating a minimum experience of 2-4 years and I have over 6 years)
    The rejection email was sent by an intern within HR department, which I found it a bit strange given the fact that they supposedly were recruiting for a senior position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation when you had to work with a difficult person   Answer Question

Analytics & Data Program Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for one manager position at Philip Morris and after around one month I received an invite to do a SHL logical test. Had 7 days to do it. When investigating on the web about the test, I found out that it was very tricky and not at all an easy test to do. I had to buy a demo test online to practice. The real test consisted of 25 questions to do in 25 minutes, without having the choice to postpone or go back to an answer; multiple choice test.
    I recommend that when doing the test you do it in a very quiet ambiance, plus getting some practice before doing it.
    I did not pass the test in the end because after 6 days I received the rejection letter.

Internal Controls Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. web-based surveys and tests (numeric and logic reasoning)
    2. business case (handled via email, with 5h to complete - documents came with outdated references, track changes still active... quite misleading)
    3. skype call with line managers (organized last minute, with almost no chance to propose a more convenient timing)
    4. face to face (initially an "assessment center" was planned - then reverted back to another business case, and face-to-face presentation to line management and HR)

All in all, very structured process, despite some sudden changes in plans. Very limited time for discussion / questions from the candidate end's. Somehow I got the feeling they leverage (too much) on their good reputation / market position, that they do not really care about candidates' needs / questions / actual concerns.

Interview Questions

• Technical business cases, plus personality-based questions   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

The whole process was very well organised: at each step, I got all the emails with notifications, descriptions, instructions, etc.
    There was one skype interview with a hiring manager and a team manager, and then one interview in the company with both managers and team members. The last one included a presentation on a given topic.
    The questions were really good and sometimes challenging, but nothing too difficult, nothing too specific.

I really enjoyed the process: it all was clarified to me, all the timelines were setted and met. The hiring manager really knows his job. He took me through the whole process so nicely, that I did not have to worry at all.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview:
      - statistical questions, other technical questions
      - some behavioural questions adjusted to my CV, previous experience and future job

2d interview:
      - discussions on a presentation
      - questions about previous experience
      - general/behavioural questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in July 2016.

Interview

Very organised, It took approximately two moths, I applied online, I later had a phone Interview with the HR, allowed by a Skype Interview two weeks after with the HR and the hiring manager. Everything was very clear, no difficult questions but they were looking for a very specific profile. Asked about examples of previous tasks in different positions.

I received feedback of the interview two weeks after the Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Challenging situations, Specific questions about the position.   1 Answer

IT Business Engagement Manager - Digital, Social & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in March 2016.

Interview

+st call with someone based in Poland to check my availabilities. Then a 30 minutes Skype interview with a Talent acuisition specialist. She gave me no details at all on the job, and asked me traditional questions. She was not very well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Salary expected
      Previous experiences   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in November 2015.

Interview

Very disappointing process. I had 2 rounds interview and they never bothered giving me a feedback. I chased them for weeks to know if I was still in the process (just an email saying: sorry you were not selected for the role would have been enough) but they never took the time to reply. Great employer branding job.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions: What do you think of our industry? What are your strengths? ...   Answer Question