Philip Morris USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in December 2015.

Interview

Similar to all described as before. Made it to the "final" interview with panelists. Questions were easy star method. Trust me on two things: 1. Do NOT even THINK about applying unless you are willing to move immediately, there are no if's and or buts about that topic. 2. I did feel some ageism. Older workers (Meaning over 35) already have roots in their communities, why to work for this company they throw people all over the place, it is a mystery.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, only last a few minutes.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Generalist, Hiring Manager and then Vice President

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to get up to speed sooner rather than later?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Three interview rounds. First a one-on-one interview. Almost entirely behavioral interview questions. If you pass round one, you are invited to a group dinner the following evening. At the dinner are 3-4 Philip Morris employees and the other 5-6 job applicants. They want to see how you present yourself in a social environment. They will act informal in order to get the applicants to let their guard down.

The next day is interview round two. Similar to the first interview but you are faced with a panel of employees and they ask more difficult questions to see how you react under pressure. Be prepared to use detailed relevant work/extracurricular anecdotes to support your answers.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you encountered during X job/extracurricular and how did you cope with it?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation in which you worked with a team to solve a problem that you could not have accomplished by yourself.   Answer Question

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Krąków, Lódz (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Krąków, Lódz (Poland)) in July 2010.

Interview

the first the skills and background checks than phone inerview and the last step is panel interview

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of two 1:1's with the predecessor and the future line manager. They have questioned many details of my CV and went thru all the details of the potential position. Be sure to go there prepared and prove facts with different case examples.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in March 2010.

Interview

Was very interested in candidate's long term goals and objectives. Prefers specific and strategic initiatives over generalities. Asked a great length of scenario & situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult objective you've overcome? And how?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email two days later that told me they'd like to interview me and gave me the time and place for my interview. The interview was at a Caribou Coffee shop in a formal meeting/boardroom in the back of the shop. Two young sales reps sat across a table from me and took turns asking questions. Questions were situational: explain a time when you had to make a quick decision without a superior to give you the authority; explain a time when you had to expedite something in order to save a customer account; a lot of questions dealt with decisions you regretted making, times when you could have done something better, missed opportunities, and how you would have done something better. They were interested in actions, reactions, opportunities, solutions, and independence.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with a coworker under timed conditions, but you were not familiar with that coworker and how he/she operated. (They wanted to see if you could adapt to an unfamiliar situation and collaborate well in a short amount of time).   Answer Question
    • What is position on professional responsibility and ethical conduct when dealing with expense reports?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2008.

Interview

Consisted of questions that discussed my personal strenghts during the first interview. The second interview involved questions involving seperate cases.

Interview Questions

• If you have a product to sale to a client that will be replaced within a few months, will you sell the product if your manager pressures you to?   Answer Question