Philip Morris USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philip Morris USA Interview Questions

3.4

Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Labor related about sitting and standing for hours, how fast you can put pegs in a board, a few elementary math and English questions. No questions about goals or past technical or trouble shooting experiences or projects.... not needed because it is a labor intensive job...

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Began with a resume drop at a college career fair. Moved on to panel interview at a local hotel with a variety of individuals ranging from a campus recruiter, to sales mangers, to upper management. Second round was a day in the field with a corporate Unit Manager consisting of routine sales calls and merchandising. Next was lunch with the other prospective interns at an expensive local restaurant. Last, the interns were flown to Los Angeles and put up in an expensive beach front hotel for a presentation about the company and the internship experience. Overall impression is that the individuals at the company are not incredibly inspiring or intelligent, but the company itself offers unparalleled benefits and treatment.

Interview Questions

• If you were a copy machine sales person, and knew that a new product was coming out in a few days, yet your manager has told you that the company has important sales numbers to meet on the old product, how would you handle a situation in which a very trusted and loyal customer wishes to place a large order of copiers with you, just before news of the product release has gone public?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations are really possible. The benefits and pay are unbeatable, so you have little leverage as a college student to ask for more.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2008.

Interview

Consisted of questions that discussed my personal strenghts during the first interview. The second interview involved questions involving seperate cases.

Interview Questions

• If you have a product to sale to a client that will be replaced within a few months, will you sell the product if your manager pressures you to?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Three interview rounds. First a one-on-one interview. Almost entirely behavioral interview questions. If you pass round one, you are invited to a group dinner the following evening. At the dinner are 3-4 Philip Morris employees and the other 5-6 job applicants. They want to see how you present yourself in a social environment. They will act informal in order to get the applicants to let their guard down.

The next day is interview round two. Similar to the first interview but you are faced with a panel of employees and they ask more difficult questions to see how you react under pressure. Be prepared to use detailed relevant work/extracurricular anecdotes to support your answers.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you encountered during X job/extracurricular and how did you cope with it?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation in which you worked with a team to solve a problem that you could not have accomplished by yourself.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Generalist, Hiring Manager and then Vice President

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to get up to speed sooner rather than later?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2008.

Interview

Phone, panel, tests

money

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Krąków, Lódz (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Krąków, Lódz (Poland)) in July 2010.

Interview

the first the skills and background checks than phone inerview and the last step is panel interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in February 2010.

Interview

I was a intern so I was directly hired from my summer internship within 3 weeks for completion. However, they extend an offer with out giving a set area of entrance. I was under the impression I would be a financial analyst but, I ended up being a cost accountant.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA.

Interview

Name a situation when you used research as a method of schooling?

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Corpus Christi, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

First interview was with an external recruiter.
    Second interview was a panel interview. There were 3 Unit Managers and 1 Regional Manager present.
    Third Interview was a ride along with future boss, and colleague. Hands on experience of what the daily role would include.

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. The job posting indicated a pay of $40-$45k, however due to my experience, they offered $56K. Since they came in so much higher than posted rate, I didn't negotiate.