Philip Morris USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philip Morris USA Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

3.3

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in December 2015.

Interview

Similar to all described as before. Made it to the "final" interview with panelists. Questions were easy star method. Trust me on two things: 1. Do NOT even THINK about applying unless you are willing to move immediately, there are no if's and or buts about that topic. 2. I did feel some ageism. Older workers (Meaning over 35) already have roots in their communities, why to work for this company they throw people all over the place, it is a mystery.

Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Labor related about sitting and standing for hours, how fast you can put pegs in a board, a few elementary math and English questions. No questions about goals or past technical or trouble shooting experiences or projects.... not needed because it is a labor intensive job...

Marlboro Retail Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

3 interviews process and 1 drug test. First meeting with hr for 2 hours followed by lunch at the cafeteria. 2 interviews with director and senior director in the afternoon...half an hour each. Friendly attitude and happy i was a smoker!aked me about my school and the fact that i was european...Multi cultural environment being a strong asset in the company. checked my french and my spanish and asked me about my best marketing examples. Also asked a few situation question, what would you do, where do you see yourself...

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

A vigorous and intense interview process, which makes sense for the type of personality that is required for this type of role. There was 3 in-person interviews, and a field-day ride with process with the potential District Manager. One of the interviews was a group interview with senior management, and included a case study on a sales call scenario with an unhappy customer. I found the interview process to be challenging, but worthwhile. I knew what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you will handle situations with unhappy/unsatisfied customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a relocation package and a sign-on bonus.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, only last a few minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Corpus Christi, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

First interview was with an external recruiter.
    Second interview was a panel interview. There were 3 Unit Managers and 1 Regional Manager present.
    Third Interview was a ride along with future boss, and colleague. Hands on experience of what the daily role would include.

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. The job posting indicated a pay of $40-$45k, however due to my experience, they offered $56K. Since they came in so much higher than posted rate, I didn't negotiate.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA.

Interview

Name a situation when you used research as a method of schooling?

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in February 2010.

Interview

I was a intern so I was directly hired from my summer internship within 3 weeks for completion. However, they extend an offer with out giving a set area of entrance. I was under the impression I would be a financial analyst but, I ended up being a cost accountant.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in March 2010.

Interview

Was very interested in candidate's long term goals and objectives. Prefers specific and strategic initiatives over generalities. Asked a great length of scenario & situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult objective you've overcome? And how?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email two days later that told me they'd like to interview me and gave me the time and place for my interview. The interview was at a Caribou Coffee shop in a formal meeting/boardroom in the back of the shop. Two young sales reps sat across a table from me and took turns asking questions. Questions were situational: explain a time when you had to make a quick decision without a superior to give you the authority; explain a time when you had to expedite something in order to save a customer account; a lot of questions dealt with decisions you regretted making, times when you could have done something better, missed opportunities, and how you would have done something better. They were interested in actions, reactions, opportunities, solutions, and independence.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with a coworker under timed conditions, but you were not familiar with that coworker and how he/she operated. (They wanted to see if you could adapt to an unfamiliar situation and collaborate well in a short amount of time).   Answer Question
    • What is position on professional responsibility and ethical conduct when dealing with expense reports?   Answer Question