Philips Customer Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Stamford, CT) in December 2008.

Interview

I applied to this position 3 times within 1 year period, and after third time, the Philips recruiter contacted me.
First I had a phone interview with a recruter which was quite general (resume, why do like this position, why Philips etc.) and lasted for about 20-30 minutes.
After fist phone interview, I had second phone interview (another 20-30 minutes) with hiring manager (Director, Customer Marketing), after which they invited me to have seried of interview in Corporate office in Stamford.
There were 3 interview scheduled (1 - hiring manager, 2 others - 2 other divisional directors), each interview was behavioral, but quite informal. The first Director was 30 minutes late, so his interview was very short, actually he talked mostly. All three talked a lot about company, but all of them were nice and polite. After all three interviews (about an hour and a half - all of them were in each Director's office), I had a meeting with HR.
Before the on-site interview I was provided with benefits leaflet (apparently they weren't suppose to do so).
Overall, I had a good impression about Philips, however, they didn't contact me back for another month (!), and after I left couple of messages to HR person, he didn't call back either. I was able to reach him couple of days after when he told me that they all liked me however they prefered to hire more experience manager from PepsiCo (my work experience was less sound). I was slightly surprised that they didn't bother to call me with any answer.

Interview Questions

• Imagine that Philips can buy any (any industry) troubled company (invest money) and than make suggested improvements to sell for higher price. You are entitled to consult Philips on company and on neccessary improvements. Which company / why / what are you going to do with it to increase its value?   1 Answer