Philips Interview Questions in Andover, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I got 2 interviews one was on campus .After my first round almost after 2 weeks they invited me to their office at Andover for final interview. It was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Mysql and Java questions and few basic data structure questions   Answer Question

Clinical Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

2 separate phone interviews. First with talent specialist then with a hiring manager. Two in person interviews with different managers. Give a 10 minute presentation on topic of presenters choice. Very comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to change your plan. Many questions of “tell me about a time”   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Submit application online. Got the first call from talent acquisition team, second call from the hiring manager, followed by a whole-day onsite interview. Talk to future team members and supervisor individually, each for one hour.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was rather disorganized. I was interviewed and selected to receive an offer for a particular location I had applied for. After I went through the interview process, I was contacted and asked if I would consider an alternative location. I gladly said yes, at which time, I was told I had to re-interview for the same position in a different state.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between work instructions and SOP?   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Philips in-house recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I had a 30 min technical interview with him. This was followed by a 15 min interview with General HR who then setup an onsite interview. Everything very professional to this point. My interview was with 4 people at the same time, slotted for 45 mins total. People were a Director, 2 Sr. Managers, and a QA peer level. 45 min interview reduced by 10 mins by walk to conference room and 2 late arrivals. They asked me questions for all but last 5 mins. Then it was what can we answer for you but we need to leave on time for a meeting. Then no word afterwards, despite stating on their own website – “If you’re not selected for the position, your recruiter will share this information with you as a professional courtesy and in acknowledgement of your time and interest in Philips.” Total BS. I have no qualms with not being a fit, but this was just truly unprofessional. I don’t know why they bothered to bring me onsite (and I wasted a vacation day for it, too).

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

HR email me to confirm the agenda, then she called me, she referred me to the hiring manager who think I'm not qualified. Although I had relevant working experience, but I failed. The HR manager is very nice, She asked some questions about my previous job responsibilities, and I shared some examples to her.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn, and we set up an initial phone screen. After that call, I was passed to an in-house recruiter who set up the rest of my interviews. There were a couple more phone calls and then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were about my skills and experiences.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA).

Interview

Normal Interview process. Applied for the position, about 1.5 weeks later received and email from the talent acquisition requesting the 1st phone interview. It pretty much was the standard background check, work history questions, and overview of the company and position.

Next step was a 2nd phone interview with hiring manager. Very nice, and friendly, and more direct questions about experience and requirements. A week later, got called in for an In-person interview with hiring manager, and some staff members of the department. Interview was more formal, and tougher questions. My advice would be to do your research on the company, and be prepared for any and all interview questions that may be asked. Total in-person interview was about 2-hours or so. After the verbal interview, had to take a small excel evaluation in order to test experience, and answer a few questions regarding the spreadsheets and problem solving. For an average excel use such as myself, it was not simple.

Interview Questions

• One question that was asked was a behavioral question. They provided a scenario, and although the question asked had a final Yes or no answer, they were more concerned with what steps you would take in order to get to the answer. There is no right or wrong answers, but they want to know your train of logic, and see how you would solve the question.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Informal phone interview followed by formal on-site interview with the engineering manager and several engineers of varying status. Some of the engineers had an intense attitude while others were very relaxed. The engineering manager was very supportive and engaged throughout the whole process. I never met the actual recruiter--he was involved in an administrative capacity only.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of how you identified a problem and fixed it   1 Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews. I was scheduled for a final interview actually with the hiring manager and 3 hrs before the interview they called and asked to reschedule -- then never called back. The recruiter wouldn't respond to email. Overall, the people I interviewed with were professional. The recruiter should have got back to me no matter what -- but didn't. It was weird that so many people interviewed with me before the hiring manager did.