Philips Interview Questions in Andover, MA | Glassdoor

Philips Interview Questions in Andover, MA

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA).

Interview

Normal Interview process. Applied for the position, about 1.5 weeks later received and email from the talent acquisition requesting the 1st phone interview. It pretty much was the standard background check, work history questions, and overview of the company and position.

Next step was a 2nd phone interview with hiring manager. Very nice, and friendly, and more direct questions about experience and requirements. A week later, got called in for an In-person interview with hiring manager, and some staff members of the department. Interview was more formal, and tougher questions. My advice would be to do your research on the company, and be prepared for any and all interview questions that may be asked. Total in-person interview was about 2-hours or so. After the verbal interview, had to take a small excel evaluation in order to test experience, and answer a few questions regarding the spreadsheets and problem solving. For an average excel use such as myself, it was not simple.

Interview Questions

• One question that was asked was a behavioral question. They provided a scenario, and although the question asked had a final Yes or no answer, they were more concerned with what steps you would take in order to get to the answer. There is no right or wrong answers, but they want to know your train of logic, and see how you would solve the question.   1 Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews. I was scheduled for a final interview actually with the hiring manager and 3 hrs before the interview they called and asked to reschedule -- then never called back. The recruiter wouldn't respond to email. Overall, the people I interviewed with were professional. The recruiter should have got back to me no matter what -- but didn't. It was weird that so many people interviewed with me before the hiring manager did.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA).

Interview

I applied on Linked In. Within a few days I received a call from a recruiter and then talked to a manager. After that I went in person. I had three hour long interviews back to back to back with a manager, older engineer, and a newer engineer. Each person spent time describing the job, answering questions and asking an engineering question such as drawing a stress strain curve or designing a part.

Interview Questions

• Draw a stress-strain curve.   1 Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

A Philips recruiter contacted me directly and the recruiters were very helpful and professional. Unfortunately, the scheduling of a 1:1 with the hiring manager (VP) was constantly changing over a two week period by the VP from a phone interview to a face to face back to a phone interview. The VP was 45 minutes late for the eventual phone interview. All follow up was initiated by me and a rejection letter was finally emailed to me after six weeks.

Interview Questions

• In addition to standard questions such as why do you want to work for Philips etc., I was also asked how I would manage an aging product line that has had little innovation for some time.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

After speaking to one of the Philips representatives at my school's career fair, I was contacted for a 30 minute technical phone screening. This was followed by an in-person interview with three members of the ultrasound team: one engineer who had been working for Philips for 2 years, one who had been with Philips for over 12 years, and one senior member of the management team. They mainly seemed to want to understand my level of programming experience (which wasn't exactly what they were looking for).

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA).

Interview

Very easy, if you already in the system of the agency that work with the company. What help you the most if you have a friend or a family member in the company that can referral for you.

Operations Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was very conversational, on campus and conducted by an alumn of my school. They seemed to look primarily for cultural fit and string interest, combined with an interesting background. Second round had six back-to-back interviews with people from different functions and levels, we were also guided around by a few junior OLDP participants. You need to be on your game throughout, answer questions with good level of specificity in your examples, and present them in a STAR-type format.

Interview Questions

• What are the three things that are most important to you when considering where you want to work?   Answer Question
    • How would you decide where to place distribution/service hubs for our XYZ products.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Straightforward and quick! I knew what their expectations were and the interviewers were professional, direct and pleasant. They were truly interested and engaged in the correlation of my unique skills and how they applied to the position. I would apply for another position in the future and would recommend applying to a friend.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical. How were my skills applicable? What makes me a great candidate? What were my expectations?   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Several phone discussions: Recruiting and hiring manager. I interview a lot because I am between jobs, 9 out of 10 companies do not bother to get back to you. Does that sound familiar: you speak to a bunch of people on the phone and in person and you never hear from them again?

Philips is one of the few employer that still follows a common sense and courtesy to let you know where you are after each interview. In my case, at the end of the day, I didn't get the job - they said they had an internal transfer.

Just level of professionalism by the hiring team is above and beyond any other company I've come across yet (quite a few).

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview with HR, another phone interview with the hiring manager, office interviews with three managers. Very good communication, fast process. Everyone was very friendly and company kept in touch throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate