Philips Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and efficient. I interviewed with the hiring manager for the position and it lasted only about a half hour. That very day I had a phone interview with his manager who would make the final decision. I got an answer from them that same day.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I had just one 30-minute interview in person. The interviewer (who became my boss) was very kind, and asked about my experience in CS classes as well as projects. He asked me a few technical questions as well -- no writing code, though. Just some knowledge questions that a decent CS student should be able to answer.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process had two steps. There was a technical phone screening, which was followed by a panel interview, 4 interviewers with CCNA related technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you connect 2 routers?   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Learned about a job opportunity and contacted a recruiter directly through Linked-In. He responded within one hour. An interview with two team members was scheduled within two weeks. Thought it went well and was told I would hear back in two weeks for another interview. I heard nothing so I contacted the recruiter. He explained the hiring manager was out of the office. Another two weeks went by and this time, the recruiter did not respond to my inquiry. In total, it took two months to get the turn down letter. I had asked if they were considering hiring a temporary worker and they gave a jumbled answer. Have had four similar experiences with this company over the years. Insiders say their hiring system is bad.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to see examples of my work.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter via telephone. The recruiter asks the standard questions regarding background, education, experience, potential fit and capabilities of performing the duties therein.

Second interview was in-person, panel-based, and presentation style. You are asked to present a Powerpoint on yourself while highlighting 4-5 bullet points that are given to you by the recruiter preceding the interview. It is not meant to test your Powerpoint acumen but rather how you deal with the pressure of being the point person.

Third interview was with the VP of the Midwest region.

Design Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Three sessions, 1) HR, 2) panel with multiple DQEs, 3) hiring director. HR asked deep dive questions, with very specific situation-interaction questions. Panel was tough; no chance to establish rapport; seemed to have the intention of weeding out the weak or unconfident. Hiring director at the end was there just to summarize and answer final questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with software validation?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I was contacted by third party through university job portal. They setup an on-site interview with manager and senior software development engineer. I was interviewed for intern position at Cleveland location. The interview was easy and duration was about 20-30 minutes. Not much technical questions, more kind of behavioral questions. 2 days later, I received a confirmation phone call and sent me the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to rate myself for different software engineering processes.
      Questions from resume and past projects only.   Answer Question

Verification Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, short and to the point, met directly with the manager after email correspondence through the university. Very straightforward with questions about my experience and resume. Was offered the job within a few hours of completion.

Software/BI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter, and phone screen led to scheduling an on-site interview. On-site interview took 2 hours, split between three interviewers, including the hiring manager.

Most questions pertained to general DB concepts, as well as SDLC practices and my previous experience.

Second interview provided more context to the job's in-depth requirements and a background of the other team members. An informal offer came at the end of the second interview, and an official offer came a week later.

Interview Questions

• What experiences and problems have you faced in your previous positions?   Answer Question

Details of the position did not fit my desired long-term career path.

Software BI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Got couple of calls from the HR and after following up for 3 weeks, schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager and couple of team members. Was waiting for the interview decision for couple of weeks and followed up with the HR and came to know that I was declined.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about reporting, databases, schema and DBMS.   Answer Question