Philips Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Engineering Interview Questions

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a thorough interview process, but fairly standard.

They started me off with an initial phone screening done by HR. Just a ~20 min review of your resume and the position. Next I spoke with the hiring manager for an hour long phone interview. This was more technical and in depth. Finally, a half day on-site interview was conducted. I spoke with members of the team I was interviewing for, as well as team members from groups which frequently interact with theirs.

The HR rep and hiring manager always kept me updated on the timeline for interviewing and making a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were focused on how my previous experience relates to the position being interviewed for.   Answer Question
  • A few of the questions related to my knowledge about Philips (products, company info, etc.)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA).

Interview

I applied on Linked In. Within a few days I received a call from a recruiter and then talked to a manager. After that I went in person. I had three hour long interviews back to back to back with a manager, older engineer, and a newer engineer. Each person spent time describing the job, answering questions and asking an engineering question such as drawing a stress strain curve or designing a part.

Interview Questions

• Draw a stress-strain curve.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

A discussion based interview that allowed you to get to know the work environment at Philips. They did a great job at discussing the culture at Philips and what the job position would entail. It was an enjoyable interview. The interviewees has reviewed the resume so they knew what to talk about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reedsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Reedsville, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screening by HR in Washington State. Second phone interview by hiring manager. Final in person interviews on site. On site interview 4+ hours. All questions on site where behaviorial interview questions. Very tiring and questionable on true idea of capabilities. Focused more on psyche of person and reaction to various situations, both at work and in out of work situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you managed a project that failed and you felt the failure was due to a member of your team not performing. How did you handle your interaction to that member?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Standard

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Philips in October 2010.

Interview

it was a one one to one interview. asked me about my previous projects and employers. my capability on .net C#.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips in January 2010.