Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.9

763 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Three rounds phone interviews. Two hire managers. One group interview.
    The interviewers are pretty reasonable and very nice. The questions are all resume related. No stupid questions.

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips in August 2017.

Interview

Things went smooth with HR, but totally unexpected with the hiring manager. First the HR scheduled the different time to me and the hiring manager. I guess that's why the hiring manager was kind of anxious and impatient during the interview and did not listen to me. From the job description it is more about a product development engineer. The hiring manager was not interested in either my research background, nor what I have completed. Keep interrupting me. The questions was nothing like the description. And at last even asked me a semiconductor manufacture question, which I don't know what's related to the job at all. I don't have any related experience on that so for sure it was a rejection. But next time, please put your description same as what the job is really looking for and please communicate with your own personnel that they know what to screen for. Otherwise people who are not related will spend days to prepare and then waste both of your time.

Interview Questions

• What's your role in the project? Are you the PI? (Given I'm a fresh graduated student)   Answer Question

Clinical Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

Two phone interviews that lasted about 30 minutes apiece with a recruiter and hiring manager and a 3 hour panel interview with the hiring manager, two others and a 10 minute presentation at the end.

Interview Questions

• Given what you know about Philips, what do you think is affecting us most as a company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Philips (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview was somewhat intimidating since it was a group panel. After I made it past that phase I had to go through a presentation process followed by another group panel interview as well.

Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Somerset, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a video interview first and then they called me for a face to face interview, I got a reply for the face to face interview round about 2 weeks after the video interview

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions in the video interview - what did you find challenging in your last job and how did you accept the challenge   Answer Question

Order Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone interview with an HR recruiter for about 30 minutes. 2nd phone interview with the department manager for about 30 minutes. In person interviews with 5 people for a total of 4 hours. I have gone through all of this and never heard back from them either way. I know of another person that interviewed for the same position, and again, never heard anything. I still don't think they have placed anyone in this position. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Strengths /Weaknesses. Typical behavioral questions as it relates to customer service duties: Tell me about a time? How would you handle?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Applied online , got a call from the recruiter in a week who asked me basic screening questions and set me up with hiring manager the week after .This interview was smooth ,was asked about my experience and few technical questions.I was called in was for an in person interview . Here there were three rounds with three different managers . Questions were behavioral , very few were technical

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Philips (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process started out great and things were moving smoothly until after the first interview. The recruiter went silent and I actually never heard from the recruiter again. I reached out to the hiring manager a week after they said they would contact me to find out where they were in the hiring process.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Philips in-house recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I had a 30 min technical interview with him. This was followed by a 15 min interview with General HR who then setup an onsite interview. Everything very professional to this point. My interview was with 4 people at the same time, slotted for 45 mins total. People were a Director, 2 Sr. Managers, and a QA peer level. 45 min interview reduced by 10 mins by walk to conference room and 2 late arrivals. They asked me questions for all but last 5 mins. Then it was what can we answer for you but we need to leave on time for a meeting. Then no word afterwards, despite stating on their own website – “If you’re not selected for the position, your recruiter will share this information with you as a professional courtesy and in acknowledgement of your time and interest in Philips.” Total BS. I have no qualms with not being a fit, but this was just truly unprofessional. I don’t know why they bothered to bring me onsite (and I wasted a vacation day for it, too).

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very fast, less than three weeks between initial contact and job offer. The process consisted of two half hour phone interviews followed by three hours of in-person interviews in one morning.

Interview Questions

• Several product specific situational questions, i.e would you recommend this cost reduction change.   Answer Question