Philips Student Trainee (Summer Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Student Trainee (Summer Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process consists of 2 stages: Group assessment and individual manager interview.
The group assessment was fun and relaxing. I was in a group of eight. It started with a brief self-introduction for about 1.5 minutes. Then we were given an individual task to give a 3-minute presentation to illustrate ourselves with an animal. We were allowed to have around 1 minute for preparation. The final task was an one-hour debate between 2 teams of four on a designated topic. There were time for us to discuss and prepare every time before presenting, where managers took their time to observe our teamwork and communication skills.
The individual manager interview was fairly straight-forward. It was largely based on your CV. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. For me, the interviewer was also the manager that I had to report to consequently during my summer internship.

Interview Questions

• The team debate was long and required good collaboration among your team. It was easy to lose concentration.   Answer Question