Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Intense, many-stage selection procedure (CV, phone call with HR, meeting with manager, formal interview, and ending in a 3-day business case challenge with group work, pitches, presentations, sales role plays and more). What I liked the most is that I didn't really fit the profile but they appreciated the social impact motivation and wanted to also try something different. Great personal contact with the people that interviewed.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then was invited for an interview after approximately 2 weeks. Afterwards, had two 30-minute interviews one after another with 4 managers, so basically with the whole team.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Philips (Haifa (Israel)).

Interview

They are looking for prior design experience (not managment). The first interview with HR person, next technical interview with team leader, next is testing with Pilat (full day testing) and a last interview with manager. At technical interview they are looking for prior design experience and less management roles. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• GD&T especially geometrical tolerancing, Tolerance Stack Analysis, Screws Calculations, prior Aluminium Sand Casting design and manufacture experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Mumbai (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was mainly of 4 rounds...
    1aptitude
    2group discussion
    3technical
    4hr
    Each round had an elimination... The first round is pretty easy where just the general concept of mathematics were asked...group discussion is to test your general knowledge...so be prepared for it..

Interview Questions

• Group discussion: private hospitals vs government hospitals
      Odd-eveb system in delhi   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips in December 2014.

Interview

First a technical test followed by two interview rounds, technical test also had aptitude questions and questions related to power systems. Interview was completely core and was very difficult, No one was able to crack the interview and they didn't hire anyone

Interview Questions

• Nothing like unexpected but question from all the areas like communications, power and digital electronics were asked   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

The recruiters were very responsive and quick to contact me. After that I was interviewed by managers in the headquarters on the East Coast. Finally I was called into Bothell--twice. The second time I had to present on a giant screen to who knows how many people. It was incredibly uncomfortable. I was among the finalists and later heard the "successful" candidate is absolutely miserable.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a successful marketing campaign you participated in   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips in April 2010.

Interview

Initial Screening/Interview organization

The interview process was not very considerate or organized. I initially recieved a screen call out of the blue with no notice by email. Primarily, there were questions based on work history, education, etc. After the screening, the HR rep. mentioned that there would be a referral for a second interview, or 1:1 interview.

Second Screening from HR

There was not email or contact information given after the call. I was not sure if I would hear from them again. One week later, I received an email from another HR manager, to schedule another screen meeting. The hiring manager reviewed my resume, but felt that I needed to answer additional behaviorial questions from an HR manager. This interview took an additional 30 to 45 minutes. As I am answering the questions, I had to wait for the HR rep to write down my responses. She in turn submitted my answers to the hiring manager and I finally got approved for a 1:1 meeting with the manager.

In-person interview

Once again, I received a last minute email from HR to interview with the hiring manager on the next business day. There was not structure given for this interview, so I had to prepare for everything. The 1:1 meeting turned out to be a group interview with another analyst. It was pretty grueling. There was additional behavioral questions, but additional questions were asked to explain in detail. After the questions, there was a surprise skills test on requirement gathering. There was an additional question for SQL query coding. However, the SQL code excersice was not basic, as it required an 'if, else clause'. The questiosn were directly related to the position, causing a challenge, if you were not familiar with the products or customers.

The overall experience was annoying. There was no consideration of time or organization when setting up the interviews. The surprise element was not too fun. An unannounced test appeared to be a "gotcha" moment and used as personal entertainment, versus being used as an informative tool. I understood the managers' reason to be very particular, but I did not get the chance to get a true feel of the company. The interview was 95% about the job and their needs. I had about a 5% chance to ask questions about the company. Interviews are also marketing tools and that opportunity was lost on me. However, I believe that Philips is a good company. I chose to take the experience as a positive and use the experience as a tool to prepare for interviews in the future.

Interview Questions

• What overall business processes did I change?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in December 2008.

Interview

After three different phone screenings, flew me across the Pacific Ocean to interview me during the holiday season. The interview took all day..met with dept heads, division heads, technical people, other product managers..it was grueling..

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were related to products and market segment related.   1 Answer

From my POV, I just didn't click with my direct supervisor. She seemed to be very set to her own way of doing things and not open to new ideas.

Contracts Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Guildford, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was called back by the recruiter. We had an informal talk about what I knew about Philips, why I wanted to work there, what I understood about the role, etc. The recruiter filled in any blanks and told me more about what it was like to work for Philips. I was asked to join an assessment day at Philips with a few other candidates. We were able to meet managers from across the company and were assigned a number of different tasks to complete individually and as groups e.g. icebreakers, an elevator pitch to your manager, planning a company fun day, & a rescue project for a trial gone wrong. We also had a lunch where we met with members of the teams and could ask them more about the role and life at Philips.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to achieve this year (personally/professionally)? Examples of good service? Favourite Office programme? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Eindhoven (Netherlands)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. HR called me for a first screening (about 20', mainly explaining about the company and the activities of the specific department), after 2 weeks I had a 1-hour Skype interview with the Hiring Manager discussing my background thoroughly and why I chose Philips, and after a couple of days I had another interview via phone call with another recruiter from HR (about 50') and this concluded the first round of interviews. Only 4 candidates made it to the second round (me included) where each of us had a phone interview with experts from the Department discussing approximately for 1-hour technical questions, that was very thorough, many questions on e.g. software I have used in the past, specific numerical approximation used, details of modeling variables, limitations and approximations to check in depth the knowledge of mechanics. I did not continue in the final stage of face-to-face interviews but all steps that far needed a lot of preparation to handle ok. The communication with HR had been excellent since the beginning of the hiring process, always giving updates between the interviews and suggesting several dates for scheduling each interview (this does not happen in any company, usually you are invited for a specific date and time without asking for your availability!). All interviewers were friendly, especially the Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• -Describe one time when you were professionally judged hard or you felt uncomfortable and how you handled it? (HR)   Answer Question
    • -What kind of approximation you used to calculate the stresses through the code? Total Lagrange etc? (technical question, 2nd round interview)   Answer Question
    • -What did you change from Marc Mentat to Abaqus? (Hiring Manager)   Answer Question
    • -(discussing about my PhD thesis models) What are the limitations you would address first to make the model better: more realistic geometry or different materials and constitutive equations? (technical question, 2nd round interview)   Answer Question
    • -Salary expectations (asked from both Recruiters separately, they did not give a range of what they offer though)   Answer Question