Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.9

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Submit application online. Got the first call from talent acquisition team, second call from the hiring manager, followed by a whole-day onsite interview. Talk to future team members and supervisor individually, each for one hour.

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Latham, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume for job opening on Indeed.com I was called for a screen interview by HR. Then a week later I went in for an onsite interview with the production manager and 2 guys from QC department.
    The problem was with the follow up. I called and left voice mails with no response and emailed also with no response. Finally I did get to speak with HR who told me that they went with an internal candidate. I truly believe that if I had not kept following up I would have never gotten any answer. This is in direct contrast to their website that says they promptly answer all candidates who reach the interview stage.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

I applied online, and within a couple weeks had a recruiter from Philips reach out to me. She schedule a phone screen, after which she scheduled me for a video interview with the hiring manager.

I spent about 45 minutes talking with the manager about the role. I went over my background and answered some pretty standard interview questions. After, she said that the company would get back to me with either next steps or a pass.

It didn't. Additionally, I've had no responses to follow-up messages to the recruiter and the manager. Ghosting on your applicants is not cool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used user research to influence product design.   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was rather disorganized. I was interviewed and selected to receive an offer for a particular location I had applied for. After I went through the interview process, I was contacted and asked if I would consider an alternative location. I gladly said yes, at which time, I was told I had to re-interview for the same position in a different state.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between work instructions and SOP?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reedsville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Reedsville, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone-screen with corporate HR, then additional phone interviews with hiring manager and relevant colleagues. Hiring manager asked to reschedule interview 2 hours prior to previously agreed time, then phoned into the relevant colleague interview from the car.

Questions asked were very specific to SQE methodologies and were more like a verbal exam than a job interview. Hiring manager stopped me in the middle of my response several times to correct me, even though my answers were correct.

Seemingly no interest in experience, ability to solve problems or willingness to adapt and learn. Seemed to be looking for someone who has memorized all of Demming and Ishikawa's works.

Interview Questions

• What is the 4th step of the 8D process?
      What does PPAP stand for?
      What are the 3 categories in a 3x5 why   1 Answer

Clinical Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

Two phone interviews that lasted about 30 minutes apiece with a recruiter and hiring manager and a 3 hour panel interview with the hiring manager, two others and a 10 minute presentation at the end.

Interview Questions

• Given what you know about Philips, what do you think is affecting us most as a company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Three rounds phone interviews. Two hire managers. One group interview.
    The interviewers are pretty reasonable and very nice. The questions are all resume related. No stupid questions.

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips in August 2017.

Interview

Things went smooth with HR, but totally unexpected with the hiring manager. First the HR scheduled the different time to me and the hiring manager. I guess that's why the hiring manager was kind of anxious and impatient during the interview and did not listen to me. From the job description it is more about a product development engineer. The hiring manager was not interested in either my research background, nor what I have completed. Keep interrupting me. The questions was nothing like the description. And at last even asked me a semiconductor manufacture question, which I don't know what's related to the job at all. I don't have any related experience on that so for sure it was a rejection. But next time, please put your description same as what the job is really looking for and please communicate with your own personnel that they know what to screen for. Otherwise people who are not related will spend days to prepare and then waste both of your time.

Interview Questions

• What's your role in the project? Are you the PI? (Given I'm a fresh graduated student)   Answer Question

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I did several rounds of phone interviews, two in person meetings before I’m told I’m a finalist! However, they wanted me to come back one more time, this time they would like me to give an extensive presentation on my plans for success. I gave the presentation, stood up to a panel of fairly intense questions, got walked around to meet everyone, etc.. After being there for 4 hours, the hiring director told me he’ll get me an answer by the end of the week.

I never heard anything back. I reached out to the HR rep two weeks later and after several weeks different HR rep finally contacts me in response to my query. She tells me they never hired the position and she doesn’t they will.

I completely wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Everything from management, to metrics, to technical details about all my previous roles.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Philips (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview was somewhat intimidating since it was a group panel. After I made it past that phase I had to go through a presentation process followed by another group panel interview as well.