Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA).

Interview

Normal Interview process. Applied for the position, about 1.5 weeks later received and email from the talent acquisition requesting the 1st phone interview. It pretty much was the standard background check, work history questions, and overview of the company and position.

Next step was a 2nd phone interview with hiring manager. Very nice, and friendly, and more direct questions about experience and requirements. A week later, got called in for an In-person interview with hiring manager, and some staff members of the department. Interview was more formal, and tougher questions. My advice would be to do your research on the company, and be prepared for any and all interview questions that may be asked. Total in-person interview was about 2-hours or so. After the verbal interview, had to take a small excel evaluation in order to test experience, and answer a few questions regarding the spreadsheets and problem solving. For an average excel use such as myself, it was not simple.

Interview Questions

• One question that was asked was a behavioral question. They provided a scenario, and although the question asked had a final Yes or no answer, they were more concerned with what steps you would take in order to get to the answer. There is no right or wrong answers, but they want to know your train of logic, and see how you would solve the question.   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter At Lifeline Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Toronto, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

40 minutes phone interview + 1 hour 1st in person interview with a panel of 3 interviewers + 1 hour 2nd in person interview with a panel of 2 interviewers. After the 2nd in person interview they say they would contact me either yes or not, however I didn't receive any answer even after doing a follow up through email. Was a "by the book" process except for the lack of communication in the final answer, which left me with a bad interviewing experience.

No matter how busy you are, you should do what you're saying. If they had sent me at least an email with a negative response, I would have described the interviewing experience as excellent, even without receiving the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Would your references say that you are an "outside of the box" thinker?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

First a scheduled phone screen with a hiring manager. It turned out to be pretty laid back...more of a chat to make sure we were both on the same page for the role.

Then an in person interview scheduled about a week or two later. The interview was also pretty laid back and they made me feel very comfortable the whole time.

In-Person interview => 3 people.
    First the manager. Again, not technical questions, more making sure it's a cultural fit type questions.

Second was a software engineer. These questions were technical, but more high level type stuff. No coding.

Third was another software engineer. Manager came back in and sat in for this interview. This is the one that had the coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function in C++ that takes two dates as input and determines if the two dates fall on the same day of the week. The tricky part was thinking of things like leap years and such.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Usual: Job talk, technical, non-technical, HR, and managerial interviews. Everything else was great and interaction with the department personnel was enjoyable!

But the technical interview with members of the hiring sub-team was strange. Their questioning attitude was generally hostile and included some topics that were unrelated to the job or my background. Not once during the technical interview did I feel comfortable with the interaction. At times, I got a feeling that the interviewers themselves didn't have a good grasp of some of the topics they were quizzing me about.

In the interest of the team's well being, I hope that the sourness of the experience was because my personality wasn't a good fit with with the culture of the team. After mulling it over for a couple of days and even before hearing their response that they won't make an offer, I had concluded that I wouldn't enjoy working there.

Interview Questions

• Several technical questions akin to hostile academic peer review from reviewers who have already made up their mind.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips (Boston, MA).

Interview

Long and disorganized. Three phone interviews and one in person. The information given by the recruiter prior to the interviews was minimal and had to prompt the recruiter every step of the wag even though he continually tried to tell me that he be in touch within a defined time frame. Also, I ended up absorbing the cost of phone interview with one of the interviewers who was overseas.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Individual interviews with hiring manager and several business leaders. Team was prepared and easy to speak with and helped convey the challenges of the business role. Process was well organized and expedient.

Interview Questions

• Provide example of successful project completed in prior role that highlights your abilities to perform in role at Philips.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews. I was scheduled for a final interview actually with the hiring manager and 3 hrs before the interview they called and asked to reschedule -- then never called back. The recruiter wouldn't respond to email. Overall, the people I interviewed with were professional. The recruiter should have got back to me no matter what -- but didn't. It was weird that so many people interviewed with me before the hiring manager did.

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a thorough interview process, but fairly standard.

They started me off with an initial phone screening done by HR. Just a ~20 min review of your resume and the position. Next I spoke with the hiring manager for an hour long phone interview. This was more technical and in depth. Finally, a half day on-site interview was conducted. I spoke with members of the team I was interviewing for, as well as team members from groups which frequently interact with theirs.

The HR rep and hiring manager always kept me updated on the timeline for interviewing and making a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were focused on how my previous experience relates to the position being interviewed for.   Answer Question
    • A few of the questions related to my knowledge about Philips (products, company info, etc.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips in June 2016.

Interview

The whole process went really fast. Less than a month including my 2 week notice to previous employer! 1) Recruiter found me on LinkedIn matching my skills to this position. 2.)Typical phone screen 3.) Set up to meet with manager for a face to face (company reimbursed transportation). 4.) Second round interview wit another FSE 5.) Offer made the next day

R&D Electrical Engineer (Entry Level) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips in June 2016.

Interview

At first the phone interview started with the standard questions you'd expect from a first round interview with HR. The only non-standard question was to briefly mention one or two projects that I've done.

He then proceeded to say that they were giving preference to candidates who were local (I'm 1500 miles away from the position). He also did not give me the opportunity to ask any questions, so the interview was done in 15 minutes. An hour later I got an e-mail stating that the position has been filled.

So basically I lost this job before the interview even began.