Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I had just one 30-minute interview in person. The interviewer (who became my boss) was very kind, and asked about my experience in CS classes as well as projects. He asked me a few technical questions as well -- no writing code, though. Just some knowledge questions that a decent CS student should be able to answer.

Supply Chain Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quick. I had 1 interview with the hiring manager. 1 week later, I had 4 hours interview with other stakeholders: 1 hour with the hiring manager, 1 hour with the project engineer, 1 hour with the core team project manager, 1 hour with the operations director

Interview Questions

• What do you think a project manager should focus on?   1 Answer

Key Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Four interviews. Professional. Interviewed with HR, Co-workers, line manager, and line manager's manager. The hiring process took about 4 weeks. A bit slow. Interviews were good. People are nice and kind.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied online. Had a typical phone screening where I was asked about my education, experience, certs. Then asked to come for an in person panel interview in Indianapolis. Panel interview consisted of 4 high level employees where I was asked technical and behavior based questions. I'm waiting to hear back on the position, so fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a routing protocol and a routed protocol   1 Answer
    • How would you connect two routers from different vendors, and what protocol would you use?   1 Answer

Verification & Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

I applied in Philips website and then a recruiter mailed to setup some time to discuss more details to set up an interview. Then she never responded to my email afterwards. It's ok if recruiters doesn't respond but it's kind of paining for people who are searching for jobs when they do like this. Didn't expect this !

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA).

Interview

Normal Interview process. Applied for the position, about 1.5 weeks later received and email from the talent acquisition requesting the 1st phone interview. It pretty much was the standard background check, work history questions, and overview of the company and position.

Next step was a 2nd phone interview with hiring manager. Very nice, and friendly, and more direct questions about experience and requirements. A week later, got called in for an In-person interview with hiring manager, and some staff members of the department. Interview was more formal, and tougher questions. My advice would be to do your research on the company, and be prepared for any and all interview questions that may be asked. Total in-person interview was about 2-hours or so. After the verbal interview, had to take a small excel evaluation in order to test experience, and answer a few questions regarding the spreadsheets and problem solving. For an average excel use such as myself, it was not simple.

Interview Questions

• One question that was asked was a behavioral question. They provided a scenario, and although the question asked had a final Yes or no answer, they were more concerned with what steps you would take in order to get to the answer. There is no right or wrong answers, but they want to know your train of logic, and see how you would solve the question.   1 Answer

Demo Specialist Interview

Interview

Recruiter called me regarding the position I applied for a couple weeks prior. He explained the job duties, the approximate salary, and expectations for the position in 3-5 years. I was told that I should receive a call from the hiring manager. After a few weeks I received an email stating I was not selected. I emailed the recruiter thanking him for his consideration, he promptly replied back stating the position went to an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• The job involves extensive travel, would I still be interested in the position?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Informal phone interview followed by formal on-site interview with the engineering manager and several engineers of varying status. Some of the engineers had an intense attitude while others were very relaxed. The engineering manager was very supportive and engaged throughout the whole process. I never met the actual recruiter--he was involved in an administrative capacity only.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of how you identified a problem and fixed it   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter At Lifeline Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Toronto, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

40 minutes phone interview + 1 hour 1st in person interview with a panel of 3 interviewers + 1 hour 2nd in person interview with a panel of 2 interviewers. After the 2nd in person interview they say they would contact me either yes or not, however I didn't receive any answer even after doing a follow up through email. Was a "by the book" process except for the lack of communication in the final answer, which left me with a bad interviewing experience.

No matter how busy you are, you should do what you're saying. If they had sent me at least an email with a negative response, I would have described the interviewing experience as excellent, even without receiving the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Would your references say that you are an "outside of the box" thinker?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

First a scheduled phone screen with a hiring manager. It turned out to be pretty laid back...more of a chat to make sure we were both on the same page for the role.

Then an in person interview scheduled about a week or two later. The interview was also pretty laid back and they made me feel very comfortable the whole time.

In-Person interview => 3 people.
    First the manager. Again, not technical questions, more making sure it's a cultural fit type questions.

Second was a software engineer. These questions were technical, but more high level type stuff. No coding.

Third was another software engineer. Manager came back in and sat in for this interview. This is the one that had the coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function in C++ that takes two dates as input and determines if the two dates fall on the same day of the week. The tricky part was thinking of things like leap years and such.   1 Answer