Philips Lighting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Lighting Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2018

2.8

Lean Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Philips Lighting.

Interview

Applied in March 2nd week, last week of March phone interview, then SKYPE interview with peer, then skype with hiring manager, skype with hiring manager counterpart!, personal interview with 4 group member, again skype interview. Total 2 1/2 months. No reply. Called HR left message. Finally 1 line regret e-mail 'Sorry we selected another candidate' what a sham & shame!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a quick 20-minutes phone interview mainly on tech background checking. The interviewer first introduced the target position and the core technology used there, so that's what they are looking for at me. Then I was asked several questions, such as have you have any experience on X, what's your ranking in university. Finally, the interviewer gave me a chance to ask one or two questions and told me when I will get the update.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in frontend, backend or machine learning?   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience. We appreciate your time and consideration of employment with Philips Lighting.

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Started with basic understanding of the company. Pretty easy going and asked to write code in front of the interviewers. Two coding question in total. Asked some harder questions, but expected you not to know the answer. Then, question time for me to ask about the position and work.

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (San Jose, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Two phone interview, one is with a senior engineer, the other is with the hiring manager. Both of them asked mainly technical-related questions. One on-site interview, start with one hour presentation and followed by multiple one-to-one interviews. Only one of the interviewer are from the HR department, all others are engineers/managers.

Interview Questions

• Which structure produce a higher PL signal? Flat band Quantum Wells structures or the QWs has piezoelectric effect?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (San Marcos, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Prescreen interview by HR personnel; I was very surprised to get the call 1 day after applying online. Phone interview with hiring manager, then invited to onsite interview with 3 people, no tour or lunch included. Heard word back from HR via phone call that I was not selected - many qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• If you were to choose between a challenging, high paying job or a relaxed, lower paying job, which would you choose and why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took a month. After the first interview, got invited to an on-site panel interview. The interviewers were very nice and the atmosphere is good.

Interview Questions

• Why this position, What is the course you like most in school, How do you prioritize tasks, Things you don't like in your previous job, what is your strength   1 Answer

Nov 27, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your candidate experience. We value your feedback and hope you enjoyed your internship.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (San Marcos, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I put in a online application and about a week later, I was contacted by HR. He asked me a few questions about my resume then told me that he would send the information to the manager for consideration. 2 weeks later, they invited me in for a in-person panel interview with 4 interviewers on a Friday. Interview only lasted about 45 minutes. They were a pretty tough crowd to please. I can tell from their facial expressions that they weren't very interested. On Monday morning, I sent them all follow up emails thanking them for taking the time to interview with me. None of them replied. I waited 2 weeks later and still no reply.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Phillips? What do you know so far about the position?   Answer Question

Oct 8, 2015 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your candidate experience. We value your feedback.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting.

Interview

The interview process started a few days after applying with an email from the recruiter detailing the process (email with additional questions and setting up a phone interview). Recruiter was personable and informative. After a half-hour phone interview, I was asked in for in-person interviews where I met with two team members and the hiring manager. I received a quick tour and good answers to the questions I asked. Everyone was smart, passionate, and receptive to my ideas and experiences. It was a good interview experience and the talent specialist followed up promptly.

Interview Questions

Philips Lighting Response

Nov 27, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

We appreciate your thoughtful review about your candidate experience. Thanks so much for the feedback. Congrats on the offer and welcome to Philips Lighting!

Senior Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Andover, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Thirty minutes with four different members of management for a total of two hours. There were many questions pertaining to the field and questions regarding background. There were a few hypothetical situation questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in the workplace that presented a problem and explain what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered more than I asked for.

Oct 8, 2015 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your review.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Andover, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was approached by the Philips Lighting recruiter for the position. After a 30 min phone interview, I was scheduled for onsite interview of 3 hours. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Philips Lighting Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your interview. We value our candidate experience. Great to hear you accepted the offer. Welcome to Philips Lighting!