Philips Lighting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Lighting Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting.

Interview

The interview process started a few days after applying with an email from the recruiter detailing the process (email with additional questions and setting up a phone interview). Recruiter was personable and informative. After a half-hour phone interview, I was asked in for in-person interviews where I met with two team members and the hiring manager. I received a quick tour and good answers to the questions I asked. Everyone was smart, passionate, and receptive to my ideas and experiences. It was a good interview experience and the talent specialist followed up promptly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took a month. After the first interview, got invited to an on-site panel interview. The interviewers were very nice and the atmosphere is good.

Interview Questions

• Why this position, What is the course you like most in school, How do you prioritize tasks, Things you don't like in your previous job, what is your strength   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Fall River, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

First step in the interview process was a phone interview with someone from corporate headquarters. Next was an in person interview with the two production supervisors, the plant manager, and the head of human resources and the facility in Fall River, MA.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with a production warehouse environment   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a quick 20-minutes phone interview mainly on tech background checking. The interviewer first introduced the target position and the core technology used there, so that's what they are looking for at me. Then I was asked several questions, such as have you have any experience on X, what's your ranking in university. Finally, the interviewer gave me a chance to ask one or two questions and told me when I will get the update.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in frontend, backend or machine learning?   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience. We appreciate your time and consideration of employment with Philips Lighting.

Group Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salina, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Salina, KS).

Interview

I put my foot in the door so they would notice me. They let me know that there was no job for me,but because I had been there them that I would have to give them at to many times I guess they would have to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience, and all of my jobs I had worked. I had been the employee of the month at the job I was working now. I also told them I would have to work my other job till they found someone.   1 Answer
    • At that time the company was Westinghouse and was sold to Philips because of our plant. the interview was insistent about there policy of no more than 2 days a year personal leave. I worked for Westinghouse for 5 years and then Philips for 20. I know I could have worked longer, I was very mobile and didn't look I had a disease. They found out and were afraid of me. I would have worked till died if I could. I had worked almost every job in the plant I loved to work.I still do.   1 Answer

Jan 12, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your review.

Senior Strategy and Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position via Linkedin. I had a call with recruitment consultant which went well. He told me that department assistant would arrange interviews with department managers which she forgot. After I reminded, she scheduled two Skype interviews. A week before my interviews, recruitment consultant called and told me that they made an offer to another candidate and she accepted. He consulted me to look for other options since they will not any prospect openings in the near future. Today I saw another job posting with the same title at Linkedin.

Interview Questions

• Why Philips Lighting? Why this position? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Jan 12, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post an interview review. We take all feedback into consideration and would like an opportunity to discuss your experience. Please contact me at... More

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (New York, NY).

Interview

Prompt feedback from HR and very friendly Skype interview with the hiring manager. The process was very transparent and feedback was clear. I was not hired, as I could not make myself available asap, which was their requirement.

Interview Questions

Philips Lighting Response

Oct 20, 2016 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your candidate experience. We appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips Lighting.

Interview

Was a buy-out, but when became part of Philips family, was given lots of assignments that I was given benefit of doubt regarding my ability to perform the job and lots of room for growth that I would have never had if not been for Philips.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Andover, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was approached by the Philips Lighting recruiter for the position. After a 30 min phone interview, I was scheduled for onsite interview of 3 hours. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Philips Lighting Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your interview. We value our candidate experience. Great to hear you accepted the offer. Welcome to Philips Lighting!

Order Management Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting.

Interview

I applied online and received a request for a phone interview with the recruiter the next day. I had a short phone interview with the recruiter and 2 additional short phone interviews with the Order Management team before being asked to come in for an in-person interview.

I was asked to come in for in-person interviews and met with the recruiter, the 2 people I spoke with on the phone, and 1 additional person in the Project Management team. I had one additional phone interview with another member of the Order Management team.

Everyone I spoke with was friendly and really knowledgeable about the company. They were also really informative about the expectations of the position and the company's goals.

Interview Questions

Philips Lighting Response

Oct 20, 2016 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We value your feedback.