Philips Lighting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Fall River, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

First step in the interview process was a phone interview with someone from corporate headquarters. Next was an in person interview with the two production supervisors, the plant manager, and the head of human resources and the facility in Fall River, MA.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with a production warehouse environment   Answer Question

Nov 27, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your candidate experience with Philips Lighting.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a quick 20-minutes phone interview mainly on tech background checking. The interviewer first introduced the target position and the core technology used there, so that's what they are looking for at me. Then I was asked several questions, such as have you have any experience on X, what's your ranking in university. Finally, the interviewer gave me a chance to ask one or two questions and told me when I will get the update.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in frontend, backend or machine learning?   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience. We appreciate your time and consideration of employment with Philips Lighting.

Senior Strategy and Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position via Linkedin. I had a call with recruitment consultant which went well. He told me that department assistant would arrange interviews with department managers which she forgot. After I reminded, she scheduled two Skype interviews. A week before my interviews, recruitment consultant called and told me that they made an offer to another candidate and she accepted. He consulted me to look for other options since they will not any prospect openings in the near future. Today I saw another job posting with the same title at Linkedin.

Interview Questions

• Why Philips Lighting? Why this position? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Jan 12, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post an interview review. We take all feedback into consideration and would like an opportunity to discuss your experience. Please contact me at... More

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (New York, NY).

Interview

Prompt feedback from HR and very friendly Skype interview with the hiring manager. The process was very transparent and feedback was clear. I was not hired, as I could not make myself available asap, which was their requirement.

Interview Questions

Philips Lighting Response

Oct 20, 2016 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your candidate experience. We appreciate your feedback.

Director Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was applying for the job online in July with two phone interviews and one face to face with the hiring manager in September. This is how slow they really are, since the interviews all went very well I followed up with two emails and on VM, silence. Many people who interviewed with them have all noticed this silence treatment. Don't call us we will call or email you.

Totally unprofessional and that is something all candidates should watch out for, I do not want to work for any company that does not communicate responsibly, ethically with professionalism. Not this FU silent treatment. Move on to another company that will treat candidates like real human beings.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were scenarios based, testing your skills and knowledge.   1 Answer

Oct 8, 2015 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your candidate experience. We take all feedback into consideration.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (San Marcos, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I put in a online application and about a week later, I was contacted by HR. He asked me a few questions about my resume then told me that he would send the information to the manager for consideration. 2 weeks later, they invited me in for a in-person panel interview with 4 interviewers on a Friday. Interview only lasted about 45 minutes. They were a pretty tough crowd to please. I can tell from their facial expressions that they weren't very interested. On Monday morning, I sent them all follow up emails thanking them for taking the time to interview with me. None of them replied. I waited 2 weeks later and still no reply.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Phillips? What do you know so far about the position?   Answer Question

Oct 8, 2015 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your candidate experience. We value your feedback.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

emailed to set up time. The call was on time and lasted about half an hour. Asked about my experience and qualifications. Questions seemed to be coming from my resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience and abilities with the AutoCAD.   Answer Question

Lean Master Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Philips Lighting.

Interview

First phone interview, 2 weeks later SKYPE interview with a Manager in Italy. Again after 2 weeks phone interview and then after a 2 weeks SKYPE interview!. After that personal interview. Again after 2 weeks another SKYPE interview. Waited 3 weeks for an answer, called, left a message. Finally after 4 months of initial contact got ONE line e-mail "Regret to inform that we have choosen another candidate"

Interview Questions

• What is your goal in next 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Senior Phosphor Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

After phone interview with the recruiter, there was a phone interview with the program manager. After phone interviews, I was called for personal interview at LUMILED corporation office in San Jose, CA. Personal interview at LUMILEDs went for whole day with managers of various groups and group members phosphor integration. Junior staff was really interested to know about my experience particularly in phosphor integration.

Interview Questions

• More than half of them asked me that with years of work experience, are going to stick this job.   Answer Question

Oct 8, 2015 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate your feedback.

Lean Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Philips Lighting.

Interview

Applied in March 2nd week, last week of March phone interview, then SKYPE interview with peer, then skype with hiring manager, skype with hiring manager counterpart!, personal interview with 4 group member, again skype interview. Total 2 1/2 months. No reply. Called HR left message. Finally 1 line regret e-mail 'Sorry we selected another candidate' what a sham & shame!