Philips Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Manager

Philips Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Philips

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Philips in September 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with HR for 20 mins. HR interview went great. From there was informed that I would be submitted to hiring manager. 5 months later was finally notified that Philips went with an internal candidate. I didn't even get a chance to interview face to face.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Manager Interview

Interview

Open position on website. Submitted resume. HR emailed a response within a couple days for phone interview. Arranged for an agreeable time for both parties to review resume. Call was more of a phone interview with situational questions and salary history. HR decided to take to next step of a face to face interview.

Manager Interview

Interview

It was quick process, HR responded well, interviewers were nice.

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter to filter, then face to face with hiring manager, then face to face (one on one) with other departments 'peers'. Can take a while. Don't hear back from the recruiter. Need to reconnect with them to get information even when you are the candidate that eventually gets chosen.

Interview Questions

• Using behavioral interview techniques. Need to respond with specific examples not generalities. It's tough to always have specific examples ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation available. Policies are set at a global level with little room.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume on their careers website in December 2014. I recieved an email 3 weeks later from the corporate recruiter account manager about scheduling a phone interview for a screening. A few days later , the recruiter called to ask some basic screening questions..previous experience, salary expectations, and information about job that applied..ect, I then was told she will review my resume with the hiring manager and select a few candidates to bring in for a 1-1 interview. 1 week later got a call from the recruiter to set up a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and a few members of their team. The next week met onsite with the hiring manager and a few people together via panel style. I had to do a presentation 20 minutes, then 40 minutes interview questions, and then 10 minute Q&A from me.

A few days later, got a call from the recruiter informing me that they had an offer that they would like extend. Reviewed offer, emailed recruiter counter-offer base on my research for similar jobs in area and work experience. Recruiter reviewed my counter offer, and advise she will submit information to HR Director and Hiring Manager for Approval. Two days later counter offer was accepted. I then accepted the offer agreed. 1 week later completed background check, and drug screen. I then received a start date from recruiter after background check was completed.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle change in the workplace. How to improve the Customer Experience using people, process, and technology. What is my leadership style?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A few days after my interview, I got a call from the recruiter informing me that they had an offer that they would like extend. Reviewed offer, emailed recruiter counter-offer base on my research for similar jobs in area and work experience. Recruiter reviewed my counter offer, and advise she will submit information to HR Director and Hiring Manager for Approval. Two days later counter offer was accepted. I then accepted the offer agreed. 1 week later completed background check, and drug screen. I then received a start date from recruiter after background check was completed.

1. Do your research on the average job range for position applied
    2. During the intial phone screen give them a range of your expected salary if asked..I recommend at least 20K range.
    3. Sell yourself during the counter-offer, highlight your strengths and why you are requesting a higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was smooth. Met the hiring manager, director and the centre head. All discussions were cordial and it was a good experience. There we no issues with scheduling or paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by qualified senior Managers;
    Quizzed through technical and functional rounds;
    Assessed for attitude and temperament to handle customer pressure and challenging situations.
    There were 2 technical rounds with Project Manager and System Architect followed by a General round with the Group Leader. This was followed by 2 functional rounds with the Business Head and the Group Clinical Lead. Finally was the HR Round.

Interview Questions

• You're at the customer site. There is a major breakdown and the customer is shouting at you. How would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a fair salary as per the Corporate Grade on par with Industry Standards.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Chennai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Based on the online application, the organisation's client who services as recruiting agent conducted a initial telephonic interview and then arranged telephonic interview and face to face interview with the organisation.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Was very thorough and detailed

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work in supply chain   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR , Hiring Manager, and potential peers. Position on offer had organizational issues. Interview process highlighted that it was more pervasive than that role - all arrange interviews were changed/not attended by the interviewer. Then silence.....................not even the professional courtesy to follow up.