Philips Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Philips

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Philips (Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH).

Interview

I never received an interview offer. I have plenty of engineering experiences, background and skills and have proven myself high competent and capable while working there at Philips as a contract engineer, but when I submitted my resume for a position I was qualified for I did not receive any interview offers.

Interview Questions

• The question being asked in the above statement is the most difficult or unexpected one I ever received.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Latham, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview has gone with three round actually. First, the HR lady called me to go over my background briefly and set me a time slot for hiring manager to interview. Then the hiring manager interview me at the same day in the afternoon. Two weeks later, two very experience engineer interview me through phone on a lot of technique questions. Another two weeks, I went to the onsite interview with whole engineering group with 12 people in five rounds. Another three weeks later, I got offer

Interview Questions

• Heat conduction, Heat radiation, non-dimensional number, stress-strain curve, thermodynamics, cycles, three laws of thermodynamics   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Latham, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with a presentation to all engineers in the similar field. Followed by 5-6 small group one-on-one interviews. Very technique and basic knowledge focused. No wired questions. Good math and physics are necessary

Interview Questions

• Please dervie the hoop stress expression.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Monroeville, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

I sat and had lunch with a mechanical engineer and engineering manager. The entire hour long interview was more of a conversation than it was a question and answer session. They asked me various questions relating to projects I had on my resume. They were interested in hearing me tell my story and hearing about my experiences, instead of asking the "common interview questions" most candidates study when preparing for interviews. The interviewers then described what they do and the position they are trying to fill.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the phone and was asked basic past experience that I listed on my Resume. Manager seemed very nice and needed help with verification. I had previous lab experience and work experience so she hired me on the spot. She was also looking for versatility and social skills to work with a big team. I was hired as a mechanical engineer but I did jobs for electrical engineers and software.

Interview Questions

• How much CAD experience have you had?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Disrespectful and canceled without notification. Never be able to work there even though I got a job there. Just simple questions which can be asked to anybody.
    The interviewer was incapable of speaking English.

Interview Questions

• When can you start working?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Pune (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

It is Telephonic first then F2F. Telephonic is around 1 hour and F2F is near about 2.5 Hours with multiple Technical managers.

HR is so involved in the interview process

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toa Payoh, Central (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Toa Payoh, Central (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

After an online application for the role through the school portal, I received a phone call from the HR personnel shortly after a few weeks. It was a phone interview where they tried to find out more about what you did in school, including the projects you worked on, and your role in those projects.

About a week later, I was invited to the workplace for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by two engineers, and once again, they were keen to find out more about the projects that I did in school, and also about what interests me. There were no real technical questions, and the interview took only about 20 minutes. I got a call a few days later from the HR, telling me I had been selected for the internship role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about this particular project that you did in school.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Eindhoven (Netherlands)) in September 2011.

Interview

1. Telefonisch interview met personeelszaken, 2. Interview via Skype met groepsleider, competentieleider, teamleider, 3. Interview ter plaatse: 4 rondes.

Interview Questions

• De meeste vragen hebben betrekking op je ervaringen, dus als daar goed in bent, zou het geen probleem moeten zijn.   Answer Question