Philips Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.9

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Philips (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process started out great and things were moving smoothly until after the first interview. The recruiter went silent and I actually never heard from the recruiter again. I reached out to the hiring manager a week after they said they would contact me to find out where they were in the hiring process.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very fast, less than three weeks between initial contact and job offer. The process consisted of two half hour phone interviews followed by three hours of in-person interviews in one morning.

Interview Questions

• Several product specific situational questions, i.e would you recommend this cost reduction change.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Talking with other companies in the medical industry I was convinced that I would not want to peruse career shift into this field. That changed after chatting with the hiring manager, his excitement and welcome departure from the blandness I'd encountered at other facilities changed my mind. In meeting with the team I found them all to be passionate, smart and dedicated engineers. Additionally, they were able to understand my background and interview effectively. The interview consisted of 4 panels over the course of 4 hours with both technical questions relating to the work described as well as discovery questions to assess how well I'd fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the steps to root cause a failure in the field, and how that data can be used to determine other issues currently in the field, production or manufacturing.   Answer Question

Contracts Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA).

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter, then 3 rounds of panel interviews on-site. First round was a team lead, senior manager, and peer manager to the hiring manager. The second round was the actual hiring manager, a team lead from another team, the third round was another set of peer managers to the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and after a phone interview with HR, had a phone conversation with the hiring manager. Following this, I was invited for an on-site interview to Bothell. This lasted about 3.5 hours meeting 4 members of the division. While the hiring manager sounded really positive at the end of the visit, I did not hear back for almost 2 weeks. The recruiter also spoke to three of my personal references in the mean time. Ultimately, they chose to offer the position to another candidate. Overall, the Philips team was positive and enthusiastic, but for the last two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type questions and problem solving scenarios   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with a 30-minute phone interview with a Philips recruiter where we discussed my qualifications and job details at a high level.

Several days later I had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager for the position where we discussed my experiences, the open position, and the workplace in better detail.

About a week later I was brought in for an in-person interview that lasted 4 hours and consisted of 4 separate interviews, each with 1-2 people present. Questions were about details on my resume, why I was looking for a new job in a new industry, and about systems engineering in general. They provided information as well, with details of the product line, descriptions of the work environment, and their motivations for working at Philips. Everyone was extremely friendly and asked very good questions, without being too much of a test (no questions like "how many stop signs are there in the state of Georgia", etc.). I am mid-career, so they were basically getting a feel for my personality and experience level for the specific job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my thought process for looking at a conference telephone as a system; explain how different levels of requirements would be defined, how the various levels interact, and possible risks associated with the system. They also asked me how I view the difference between verification and validation.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA).

Interview

Recruited via LinkedIn, a couple of emails, calls with 2 recruiters followed by call with hiring manager. Onsite interviews with R&D, Sr. Marketing Director (hiring manager), Marketing Director, and a Project Manager. Followed two days later by a call with a VP. All went well, very nice people, great workplace setting. Zero follow-up afterward, no further contact or feedback by recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would narrow multiple project specifications to those most important, provide an example of how you differentiated a product from competitors. Have you worked with AGILE?   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two interviews; the first one off site (through campus recruitment at my university) and the second one on site. Interview focused on behavioral and personality topics. On site interview was to meet the other members of the team. My interviewers were very personable and friendly, and I found them very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• - Talk about a time you had to overcome a challenge and what you learned from the experience.
      - How do you respond to change?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

First a scheduled phone screen with a hiring manager. It turned out to be pretty laid back...more of a chat to make sure we were both on the same page for the role.

Then an in person interview scheduled about a week or two later. The interview was also pretty laid back and they made me feel very comfortable the whole time.

In-Person interview => 3 people.
    First the manager. Again, not technical questions, more making sure it's a cultural fit type questions.

Second was a software engineer. These questions were technical, but more high level type stuff. No coding.

Third was another software engineer. Manager came back in and sat in for this interview. This is the one that had the coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function in C++ that takes two dates as input and determines if the two dates fall on the same day of the week. The tricky part was thinking of things like leap years and such.   1 Answer

Procurement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview consists of several behavioral questions. Most of the questions place you in common scenarios for the position where typical issues may arise. You end up meeting with multiple team members and management either within the team or from cross functional members that you would end up working with.

Interview Questions

• Internal Transfer: Describe your 5 to 10 year plans.   1 Answer