Philips Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips (Monroeville, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online for position at the Monroeville PA office, was contacted by impressive national talent agent and had a great talk about the job and was sold on how well it fit my skills. This was for developing a new line of products and doing work that was really a good fit for me, it seemed to me. Set up phone screen with project lead but was told they had already found some good candidates and I was just getting in before the window closed.

Project lead called on terrible/cheap phone line, brought two others to the call and apologized for compressing three interviews into one. They took turns asking me rote questions about frameworks and APIs with no give and take, when I finished speaking they just asked the next question from a paper I could hear them passing around. It was most lackluster interview I've ever had or had seen given in my 20+ years in software development. They obviously had already decided on a candidate and were doing this in a pro forma way to meet some policy checklist. Really soured me on Philips, a company I formerly had great respect for, and still have as a product company, but I'll never apply for another position there. If these people are indicative of the Monroeville Philips branch I'll avoid that branch in the future.

What a waste of my time, I really resent being treated in this way. This is not the way a global technical leader interviews highly skilled and deeply experienced candidates. It is offensive and ruined any potential future interactions with me, and my entire network of local technical talent. You can be sure I'll share this with any who ask me. I can't imagine that any product that comes from this team is going to be a winner, so in a way I'm glad they signaled their lack of sincerity or creativity so that I wasn't tricked into taking a position there.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of SOAP? What do you think of HIPA? What do you think of security approaches on device X? ... and so on?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Looks like it is a 5 step process.
    Hiring Manager
    Level 3 Software Engineer
    Level 4 Software Engineer
    Architect
    and lastly white board sessions

interview was from resume mostly and some random questions related to technology.
    it was good over all.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

techincal, software design techniques, methodology

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips in September 2011.

Interview

8 people gave me interview and a lot of questions were asked repeatably.
    The applications they used are windows-based, so they didn't understand session or other web applications concepts.
    They did have a winform project asked me to write code.
    The interview was not difficult, and they asked you a lot of behavior questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

The requirement was for a Core Java professional.
    I was given some white paper and asked to develop an application like notepad. Was given an hour to do so. Then he checked the program, said that the program would not compile and that the interview was over!
    Still wondering if these people haven't yet heard of IDEs