Philips Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Good process, multiple rounds no written

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave current organization.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

techincal, software design techniques, methodology

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by Software Specialists (primary vendor) for full time position for Philips. And quickly scheduled a telephonic interview with manager at Philips. It was brief talk about my experience and some technical questions. and then i was called for in person interview. They provided expense (it took 3 months to re-embers though). It was about 3 hours interview by 4 different people ( about 40 mins each). It was one after other with 5 mins gap in between. Then, i was told that HR from Philips will get back to me. And HR got back to me after a week or so and asked me to standby while they are working on some approval process. It took almost a month and half before they offered me. Every once in a while he would come back to me and tell me that they are still working through the approval process. I was frustrating at times as i was not able to get hold of HR for updates (I could not get him on phone and no response to voice message). Finally they offered me and scheduled joining date.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write code on paper for requirement they came up with on the fly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as it was reasonable. But they did offer lower end my expected range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips (Monroeville, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online for position at the Monroeville PA office, was contacted by impressive national talent agent and had a great talk about the job and was sold on how well it fit my skills. This was for developing a new line of products and doing work that was really a good fit for me, it seemed to me. Set up phone screen with project lead but was told they had already found some good candidates and I was just getting in before the window closed.

Project lead called on terrible/cheap phone line, brought two others to the call and apologized for compressing three interviews into one. They took turns asking me rote questions about frameworks and APIs with no give and take, when I finished speaking they just asked the next question from a paper I could hear them passing around. It was most lackluster interview I've ever had or had seen given in my 20+ years in software development. They obviously had already decided on a candidate and were doing this in a pro forma way to meet some policy checklist. Really soured me on Philips, a company I formerly had great respect for, and still have as a product company, but I'll never apply for another position there. If these people are indicative of the Monroeville Philips branch I'll avoid that branch in the future.

What a waste of my time, I really resent being treated in this way. This is not the way a global technical leader interviews highly skilled and deeply experienced candidates. It is offensive and ruined any potential future interactions with me, and my entire network of local technical talent. You can be sure I'll share this with any who ask me. I can't imagine that any product that comes from this team is going to be a winner, so in a way I'm glad they signaled their lack of sincerity or creativity so that I wasn't tricked into taking a position there.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of SOAP? What do you think of HIPA? What do you think of security approaches on device X? ... and so on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Philips recruiter who asked me a bunch of technical questions. He didn't even know what he was reading or what I was saying. It was a little weird. I also got the impression that I was getting the "you should be so lucky to work here!" routine.

Interview Questions

• How many years of systems level programming experience do you have?   2 Answers

Since I wasn't actively looking for new work, I felt I should be sort of interviewing them as well.
    And the arrogance of the inside employee was not appealing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

After working as contractor for almost 2 year, the manager in charge recommended to convert to permanent employee, then HR start interview with only salary and benefits negotiation, after it was done, a medical exam is conducted and then start as new employee with 3-month probation, later confirmed.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was not tough, can be cracked easily if we provide the answers with confident. Usually there will be 3 to 4 rounds depends on the roll you will be hired for.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

The requirement was for a Core Java professional.
    I was given some white paper and asked to develop an application like notepad. Was given an hour to do so. Then he checked the program, said that the program would not compile and that the interview was over!
    Still wondering if these people haven't yet heard of IDEs

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips in September 2011.

Interview

8 people gave me interview and a lot of questions were asked repeatably.
    The applications they used are windows-based, so they didn't understand session or other web applications concepts.
    They did have a winform project asked me to write code.
    The interview was not difficult, and they asked you a lot of behavior questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

For a senior software engineer position I had to go through an objective test testing my technical skills. After clearing a round of interview. Then a project manager round and then HR discussion. But the way of conducting there recruitment drive is very poor. For me I was told to contact the contact person once I reach the company campus. But my contact person din't respond and I saw there was a herd of many software engineers already there waiting for an objective test. When I reported to the reception I was simply directed like others to the Test center. The test went on for 1 hr. After I cleared my objective test, I was told by some HR who was responsible to conduct the test, that I would be contacted by the recruitment agency later in a week day for an interview. So I was expected to leave for the day. But later during that same day my contact person again called me up and asked me me to come down. I told her whatever was communicated to me. From this I felt that there is a serious lack of communication in the recruitment drive. The contact person then told me that as communicated to me by other HR I would be called later next week.

Then I waited next week for a call from Philips. When till Friday I din't get a call, I called my contact person anxiously asking about my status. I was told that since I left that day, they interviewed and offered somebody else and the opening got closed. I was depressed and also was angry about the miscommunication due to which I din't get a chance to make it to PHILIPS.

Then suddenly next to next week I got a call from PHILIPS to come down for a technical discussion the very next day. I went and I cleared and was offered.

Thus with this experience of mine I believe it was sheer luck which had converted my application into an offer.