Philips Supplier Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Supplier Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Philips

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Murrysville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Philips (Murrysville, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Attempted numerous times to apply to the position, and finally had to take another job to 'get my foot in the door'. When my interviewer for the alternate job asked me why I didn't put in for a different position, I informed him of my previous attempts. He immediately went HR and rectified the situation, and I was able to apply to the SQE position instead. That manager is now in charge of reverse logistics in Philips Respironics and I keep in touch.

Interview Questions

• Had to develop a process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (pFMEA) for brushing my teeth.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward, good benefits.

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

I had mulitple phone interviews, and then flew cross-country with little notice. Once I arrived at the site, the interview was disorganized and multiple people I was to meet with were unavailable. I later had additional on-site interviews at the local site. After the interviews, I didn't hear anything for more than 2 weeks before being contacted by the recruiter who told me I would receive an offer. The offer then took several more weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a difficult supplier that you were ultimately able to resolve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, within a fixed range. The initial offer was a little lower than I would have liked, but we were able to come to a midrange between the initial offer and my requested amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Initially contacted by Philips for the position. I stated my initial requirements to ensure the employer is interested in me. Phone was set after back and forth for 4 weeks interview waiting on next steps

Interview Questions

• Briefly explain the process of APQP
      Where and when does APQP start
      PPAP components
      What are the important components of a PPAP when a machine is changed
      What are the problem solving tools used - I mentioned 8D
      Steps in 8D
      Root cause analysis tools used
      How do you qualify a line
      Types of Qualification
      What are the methodologies to qualify a machine for a process   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reedsville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Reedsville, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone-screen with corporate HR, then additional phone interviews with hiring manager and relevant colleagues. Hiring manager asked to reschedule interview 2 hours prior to previously agreed time, then phoned into the relevant colleague interview from the car.

Questions asked were very specific to SQE methodologies and were more like a verbal exam than a job interview. Hiring manager stopped me in the middle of my response several times to correct me, even though my answers were correct.

Seemingly no interest in experience, ability to solve problems or willingness to adapt and learn. Seemed to be looking for someone who has memorized all of Demming and Ishikawa's works.

Interview Questions

• What is the 4th step of the 8D process?
      What does PPAP stand for?
      What are the 3 categories in a 3x5 why   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about the role through LinkedIn. I had a phone conversation with the recruiter regarding the role. The recruiter was nice, took time and explained the job-specific responsibilities and expectations, gave insight about the group and the work they were doing. I applied online. A phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager the following week. Two weeks later, I was scheduled for an on-site interview with the team at their Andover, MA facility. I had four 1:1 interview, 45 minutes each; a senior member of the team, the hiring manager, the director and the procurement manager.

Questions were very technical and specific to SQE methodologies; it was more like a verbal exam than a job interview. Questions were tailored around Statistical Process Control (SPC), Six Sigma methodologies, Reliability Analysis etc.

While you will be asked behavioral questions, during my on-site interview 40% of the questions were technical, 40% were behavioral (you will be given a specific scenario and asked as to how you would respond) and remaining 20% were related to your resume/experience (give me an example of a time when you had to...).

They were open and honest about their plans of moving the site from Andover, MA to Cambridge, MA in future. So if you get selected, find a location that is in the middle of these two cities. Also, the recruiter informed me (as promised) the week after the on-site interview that "the team has decided to move forward with another candidate".

Interview Questions

• Difference between PPAP and APQP?   Answer Question
    • Are you a change agent? Give an example of a time when you had to convenience a group/team about a corporate/technical change that required to be implemented, what were your challenges and the result(s)?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Philips?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with ISO 13485?   1 Answer
    • Resume related questions   Answer Question
    • You don't have any Medical Quality Management Systems (QMS) experience, why are you trying to change the industry and what do you have to offer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was rather disorganized. I was interviewed and selected to receive an offer for a particular location I had applied for. After I went through the interview process, I was contacted and asked if I would consider an alternative location. I gladly said yes, at which time, I was told I had to re-interview for the same position in a different state.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between work instructions and SOP?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

A bit Long and confusing. Felt transparent procedure and polite treatment. Many
    Skype interviews and only one presencial. Recruitment hurry up for your data but they are clumpsy and pushy. Need a bit more of flexibility and clarification from beggining.