Philips Technical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Technical Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview Process took 2 days. HR from Philips scheduled my interview. Called me on a weekday.

On Day 1 interviewed by:
Technical Architect
Senior Technical Assistant

Once these rounds were done, called me next day, again a working day, which included:
Managerial Round
HR Round for Negotiations.

Manager was very insecure, thought that if offered I might not join them.

HR sent a offer letter, I must say with very good compensation, but recalled back saying approval needed from Manager.

After a month long follow up got to know, Manager was not sure if I offered I will join or not.
After my confirmation that I will join, a week after HR called to say that they can't offer me as the project was closed.

Though I kept on receiving mail from the same HR for the position.

I have never seen so insecure managers, who are not confident about their own organisation.

Interview Questions

• MVVM architecture
    WPF basics -> Dependency Objects
    Singleton Pattern
    Basic C#
    Design a system for designing Lift.

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Very worst behaviour from HR and Interview panel. thank god i wasn't selected from the interviewer ( he is behaving as if he is the only one pillar for the Philips).

I think they have already decided the candidate and for eyewash conducting the interviews. please don't waste others time if you people not going to recruit.

Interview Questions

• very strange interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially had Telephonic followed by Face to Face
    Round with Lead about the Testing concepts and Product knowledge
    One Manager Round where he asked about the Domain and deeper
    Followed by Director Round

Had 5 Rounds of interview including the onsite person

Interview Questions

• Mostly about the Product and Domain
      Questions in Testing/Design

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds: 1 Technical round and 1 HR round
    For the technical round, I was interviewed by the architect. He asked me to explain about my previous projects. Questions were around that to assess how much I really understood what was done and why it was done the way it was done. This went on for about 20 mins.
    After this round, I was given a form to fill and then I waited for the HR round
    HR round was with the hiring manager and a HR person. Questions ranged from how much is your expected salary, is it negotiable, how have you handled mangerial challenges in the past, how would you handle conflicting task directions from architect and manager etc,,,,
     After this, I was told that I was offered. The official offer took about a month to be processed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflicting task directions from an architect and your manager. Exaple being: if you have committed for a task which is assigned by your manager which you have agreed to complete in 5 days and your architect comes and tells you to pick up a task which takes about a day and is technically challenging but is not planned into your schedule   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Once you resume is shortlisted you will get a call for face to face with two days , then followed by two rounds of technical interview then one manager and one HR

Interview Questions

• They will ask all the basics in depth ,design patterns and also some of data structure questions
      More over practical questions than theoretical questions .

More over Interviewer are make you feel comfortable even though if you don't know answer and They are very professionals

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips in December 2014.

Interview

First a technical test followed by two interview rounds, technical test also had aptitude questions and questions related to power systems. Interview was completely core and was very difficult, No one was able to crack the interview and they didn't hire anyone

Interview Questions

• Nothing like unexpected but question from all the areas like communications, power and digital electronics were asked   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Atleast 3 rounds of interview.
    First - Technical round by developer/lead
    Second - Technical round by Architect
    Third : Manager round
    Fourth : HR round and offer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

1st was written test on c# after that 2 rounds of technical interview then management round and last was HR

Interview Questions

• i was asked to write a program to reverse a single link list without creating a new node.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

It was 2 rounds of 1:1 technical interview. Then one more technical interview. After that HR interview and Director interview. So the questions asked were mostly to your technology skill set related and then what you have done in your previous projects. Also if your domain is releavnt then few domain level questions will also be asked.

Interview Questions

• Some language specific and design questions. I answered to the satisfaction and got selected   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Philips Innovation Centre HR contacted via email. Initial telephonic round was scheduled which was OK. The guy just went through resume and asked few technical questions related to projects. Lasted for around 20-25 mins. Was asked to come for F2F. On the day of F2F the same guy along with his manager ran through technical round for almost an hour. They didn't have any questions coming from their own mind. Everything was how I did one thing or other in my projects. The way both presented themselves gave me an impression of bureaucratic organization where designation mattered. Manager didn't seem to be interested in the questions asked by his subordinate. Later I was asked to fill up 4 page form detailing everything right from education, every job, references, reason for change, goals, positive/negative things about self, ... Since the HR person who contacted initially was on leave that day I was attended by her team member who kept on discussing only salary and how I shouldn't expect for a raise since I was already getting paid more than Philips standard. He kept on emphasizing about Philips Brand again and again. Didn't find him convincing enough as he struggled to explain what better things Philips could offer. I was asked to finish my lunch at cafeteria within 15 mins as I was scheduled to meet the Director of the group. At least the lady seemed professional and asked about career, my past experiences and explained group's activity quite well. They told me that they wanted me onboard. Overall it took more than 4 hours.

I was told that I would be reimbursed to and fro travels but when they sensed I wasn't interested they stopped all the communication and didn't pay the money. Probably a way of life for Philips HR.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you did you design layered software in your project   Answer Question

Gave me a feeling like government organization and of course was not sane enough to take a pay cut