Phillips 66 Process Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Phillips 66 Process Operator Interview Questions

Interviews at Phillips 66

2.8

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillips 66 in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was more on the informal side, very comfortable and the two people who conducted the interview were very informative about the company and the position. They seemed interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that all accidents are preventable?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Phillips 66

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Santa Maria, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Let me start off by saying that the hiring process takes extremely long. I applied in December, took the multiple choice aptitude test in may, table top assessment in August, interviewing in October and got an offer in November.
    The appitude test is very simple, alot of know it or you don't questions. There are a couple questions where they have a hexagon and a star cut up in random pieces and you have three different piles of the cut up object and you have to pick one of the piled that makes the hex or star. I recommend using the scrap piece of paper to trace the pieces. It's important you don't hung up on any one question, although I felt there was plenty of time.
    The next phase is the assessment center or some times called the table top exercise. It's two parts. One part you go into a room with 6 to 8 people and they give a scenario that you have to discuss amongst the group. For example, the 8 of you are lost in the woods and you there is 10 items (matches, knife, flashlight, first aid kit, gun...) and you can only take 6 of them. You then write down what you would take, after you write down what you would take then you have to agree as a group what to take. It's important to remember there is no right or wrong anwsers. They are looking to see how you work with others to find solutions. Over all pretty easy. The second part however is another test. They test you on a process factory that makes cookies. You are given several sheets that show daily production estimates and actual production. You have to then write down what is going wrong. For example temperatures out of range, not enough supplies, or low pressures, etc. It's important you work as fast as possible because there will purposely not be enough time. Time runs out and then they had you another sheet in similar format and you have to find the discrepancies. I would say this is the hardest part of the hiring process depending on how you interview.
    Lastly comes the interview.

Interview Questions

• tell us a time when you had a disagreement with your boss or coworker and how you handled it?   1 Answer
    • you can do a job faster however it violates company procedure, what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No bargaining unit, fixed pay scale.

Process Operator Interview

Interview

it was a great process that took forever. about as long as it took to fill all this out so i can see some salaries. but any way the process was long and the interview questions were mostly about safety and process knowledge. What is a distillation column. ext.

Anonymous Employee in Mont Belvieu, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Mont Belvieu, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed. Took only half an hour. You are interviewed by the maintenance coordinator, maintenance lead man, operations superintendant, I&E foreman, industrial hygienist.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a disagreement with a fellow operator.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They asked what salary I wanted at the start of the interview. I told them, and they accepted.

Process Operator Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Phillips 66 in January 2015.

Interview

Phillip 66 is very professional about how they conduct their recruitment process. The interview was very business like, and the quality of the questions that were asked displayed the desired quality in an employee that the company seeks. The interview is behavioral Based (that's as much as I can give out of fairness).

Interview Questions

• Can't spill the beans! Just research behavioral interview questions and prepare.   4 Answers

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Phillips 66.

Interview

consisted of a personality test, skilled tests, tabletop exercise and finally an interview. All process was challenging especially the tabletop and interview and requires solid preparation because working for a big company like this is very competitive. Be honest and prepare answers for questions on how you solved problems and how you worked in a group and other personality questions would help a lot.

Interview Questions

• The greatest decision you ever made on the job? tell me a time you took a short cut to accomplish a task? how do you define a good job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none