Phoenix Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Talent Aquisition and resume/qualifications were reviewed over the phone. Informed someone would be in touch for f/u tonschedule interview. Received call from dept to schedule interview the next day and interview was scheduled with Director of dept and current employee in the position. The top 2 candidates would be referred to hiring manager for 2nd interview; scheduled within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• What are two weaknesses you would like to improve or work on?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous coworkers say are your top qualities?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Initial phone interview and an in person interview which consisted of nine people. Never heard back after a couple of follow ups and was told that the position was still open and that HR will get back to me. I just assume something is going on internally. Somewhat unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some tech questions and behavioral questions such as "why do you want to work for Phoenix Children's Hospital", "Where do you see yourself in five years", "Describe yourself in three words" and a few others.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

First I received a call from the talent aquisition specialist to review my qualifications, current openings, and desired shifts/schedule. Was then scheduled for an in person sit down interview with the department manager. Interview took place casually in a quiet area of the main lobby and included about seven "name a time when..." questions. The role being applied for was again reviewed and sgreed to, I was then told I would hear back from the TAS within a few days. About 3 days later I was called with a formal job offer

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were expected to do something outside of your typical job duties. How did you respond?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had a peer conflict. How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Things moved very quickly in the beginning of the process. Within a week of applying for the position, I was contacted by HR and had a brief telephone interview with them. This was followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager and then FTF interviews with the hiring manager and dept director and then a panel interview with the other PMs. And then, I waited... and waited... for 2 months before I was told that I wasn't selected for the position. I don't expect an offer for every position I interview for, but common business courtesy would call for informing me that I didn't make the cut within a week or so after the last interview, not 2 months. Very disappointed in the lack of communication and follow up from the HR representative, he ignored multiple messages from me asking for a status.

Interview Questions

• All of the typical behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when you..... and how did you respond?"   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall interviewed with multiple people during 2 site visits with a total of > 25 people. found very few people actually asked questions related to my ability to do the job or behavioral based questions. One day interviews started at 7 am and ended at 6 pm - very grueling.

Interview Questions

• about dealing with difficult people and conflict management   1 Answer

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Asked to come in for a face to face interview with BHT manager. Then she discussed my past experience working with children and if I had any experience working with children that require special attention or with intellectual disabilities.

Interview Questions

• What kind of distraction technique have I used in the past when working with a child that starts to become upset?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Horrible process! It's unfortunate that recruiters have such power when good qualified individuals are applying. Horrible in communication from the recruiter The only reason I received a call back was because I reached out to the VP of HR to voice my frustration, only to be told via phone they are moving forward with other candidates. Could have saved the call and just sent an email!

Interview Questions

• No questions made, recruiter had me go over my background in chronological order   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process the interview and not even a week later I received a call back and had an offer for the position. The company is willing to work with you schedule and I find that management are willing to listen.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a nervous child or a child that is very upset and crying.   Answer Question
    • Is there any time that you are expecting to take off during the next 2 months   Answer Question

Cash Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I was incredibly nervous, and it got even worse when I realized it was a four person panel interview. Though, once the interview started, everything went really well. I was offered the position a week later, though it took almost a month before I actually started

Interview Questions

• How do you work with others? Do you like to participate in office functions?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online to several positions. Received a call for one position in particular, but when I spoke with recruiter, they ask me questions and ended up referring me to interview with a totally different department (one I preferred anyway). I had a phone interview/screening, then an in person interview with the hiring manager.