Phoenix House Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Phoenix House Counselor Interview Questions

Interviews at Phoenix House

2.2

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Phoenix House.

Interview

If you are an active applicant and you have at least a bachelors you have a very high chance of being hired- bring your enthusiasm for the job! PH needs staff badly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Phoenix House

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Exeter, RI) in April 2009.

Interview

The Director interviewed me first and then I had a second interview which consisted of several of the other counselors asking me questions. The interviews were not particularly stressful, but it was obvious that everyone wanted to find a new counselor who would fit in well with the other employees and with the client population. Everyone was nice enough and pleasant. You do need to be good with computer software and with mountains of documentation which piles up quickly and is impossible to keep up with. The computer lets the Director know what you are falling behind on, and everyone falls behind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really isn't any negotiation. They had a salary which you either accepted or not. There is a 6 month wait for your benefits, and although any medical and dental benefits are better than none at all, they definately are not the best. The background check is what takes the longest amount of time. Once that clears (3-6 weeks) then you can start.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Was brief, ok. Was in the interview room for about 45 minutes, typical questions asked, the manager seemed pretty cool but super busy I guess that should have been a red flag. Also, the interview room place in the actual building however other coworkers stated that their interview was not and was very misleading.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix House in January 2017.

Interview

I was called and interviewed over the phone. The process took one month. I had a screening and was hired. It took about one month to get my paperwork together and I was hired. A pretty fast process.