Phoenix House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.4

Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Questions about how you communicate with others , how well you deal with job related stress. They give you an option on scheduling the interview hours , is your commute going to be long

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix House.

Interview

I applied online using Indeed. The next day they emailed me for an interview. I was looking forward to the interview, however, I did ask what was the expected salary range for the position and they told me low to mid 30's so I declined to interview since it would not meet my needs. They are requesting a Master's level professional, but that salary would make it challenging to pay the loans of that same Master's degree. :(
    The position did look very interesting though and I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to go through with it. However, be aware of the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had applied online, and about a month and a half later I received a call to schedule an interview. The process was very smooth. Once I met in person with the hiring personnel, they were able to place me accordingly into a position that would best fit my needs.

Interview Questions

• What it is that I am looking for? What is it that I want to learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Providence, RI).

Interview

They had another intern phone screen me. She was reading the questions from a paper and you could tell she was not listening to my words what so ever. She didn't interact with me or make me feel like she was human, she just responded with the next question. Then at the end of the interview she says, "this was a great interview and I think you would make a good asset to the team, I am going to forward your resume to the hiring manager", then nothing. Not even an email letting me know they decided not to go with me. So unprofessional. Luckily I got offered another internship a few days later. I have no idea if they even saw my resume.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, what are your strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Talent Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Phoenix House in December 2015.

Interview

Brief phone screen by a intern. Afterwards, two formal phone interviews lasting about one hour each time (almost two weeks apart). I felt it went well because we discussed making their recruiting process more efficient and employer branding more recognizable among other things including implementing a positive candidate experience. The hiring manager wanted me to speak with their manager as the next step. Then, I didn’t hear back after several emails and phone calls to inquire on the status on scheduling me for a third phone interview like she said she was going to do. WHAT A VERY BAD IMPRESSION ON THIS ORGANIZATION!!! How would you like to be treated negatively during the recruiting and interviewing process? At least, respond back to your job candidates who are in the interviewing process! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Was brief, ok. Was in the interview room for about 45 minutes, typical questions asked, the manager seemed pretty cool but super busy I guess that should have been a red flag. Also, the interview room place in the actual building however other coworkers stated that their interview was not and was very misleading.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Brentwood, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I had to go to 3 interviews and the job offer took a long time to come. HR asked me for the same paperwork multiple times. After I started they needed the paperwork again.

LVN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Phoenix House in March 2015.

Interview

After applying was called in for an interview. General questions were asked and answered. I was given a tour of the facility. I enjoyed speaking with the nursing manager at the time and felt welcomed.

Nurse-LPN Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

After e-mailing my resume I was contacted for an interview. I was nervous (as anyone would be before an interview) but I was immediately put at ease when I entered the facility. Everyone was so warm and welcoming, I even got told by an employee before meeting with the person I was interviewing with "Oh, Your a nurse, good we need nurses!" Which immediately made me smile.

- The person that I interviewed with was very nice, understanding and easing going. I have a passion for working with people who suffer from substance abuse as well as psych issues, so sometimes it didn't even "feel" like an interview, but more like just chatting with someone who shares the same caring nature toward these individuals. Of course I was asked a few "traditional" interview questions (it was an interview after all.) I also had to have a valid N.Y state nursing license, as well as the other qualifications they were looking for (if you are applying for a nursing position at this facility, you should already be aware of these qualifications.) Also, it helps if you've had previous psyche experience and/or had worked with patients suffering from substance abuse before.

- This is a position that requires tons of compassion, understanding, and patience. It's not for nurses "just looking to get a paycheck." These are human beings that need understanding and someone who is willing to put the time and effort in with them.

Interview Questions

• I think that, due to the fact the working with this company was something I've been wanting to do since nursing school, there weren't any "unexpected" questions per se. I was already knowledgeable about the company , because I had "done my research" beforehand.

- I should mention that the overall hiring process requires patience. It took about a week to hear back to see if I even got the position. I officially formally accepted the job offer, and I'm truly excited about it. I'm just still waiting to hear back about the final paperwork,(and results from my fingerprinting/drug screen etc.) Which seems to be about a 2 week wait, and then hopefully, I'll hear my official start date...but as they say "Good things come to those who wait." So my best advice is to have patience, I was grateful that they at least called me to formally offer me the position, so I wasn't on "pins and needles" anymore.

EDIT: I'm now starting to understand what the other nurse who posted was saying. I managed to go through the drug test, fingerprint check etc. I even had my physical and the PPD, (which cost me 2 copays) and I STILL have yet to receive an actual start date from them. Although they are very nice to me. I have a friend that works here (different state though) but I'm going to ask them what's up.
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix House.

Interview

Very smooth, computer test was only draw back slightly unclear with little guidance. The management and staff were very welcoming. The energy is immediately high energy, prove that you have the people skills to be in the field. Do not be lazy, stay engaged, and go out of your way to learn and you will get the most from this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself and this company in 5 years.   1 Answer