Phoenix House Nurse-LPN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Phoenix House

1 Interview Review

Nurse-LPN Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

After e-mailing my resume I was contacted for an interview. I was nervous (as anyone would be before an interview) but I was immediately put at ease when I entered the facility. Everyone was so warm and welcoming, I even got told by an employee before meeting with the person I was interviewing with "Oh, Your a nurse, good we need nurses!" Which immediately made me smile.

- The person that I interviewed with was very nice, understanding and easing going. I have a passion for working with people who suffer from substance abuse as well as psych issues, so sometimes it didn't even "feel" like an interview, but more like just chatting with someone who shares the same caring nature toward these individuals. Of course I was asked a few "traditional" interview questions (it was an interview after all.) I also had to have a valid N.Y state nursing license, as well as the other qualifications they were looking for (if you are applying for a nursing position at this facility, you should already be aware of these qualifications.) Also, it helps if you've had previous psyche experience and/or had worked with patients suffering from substance abuse before.

- This is a position that requires tons of compassion, understanding, and patience. It's not for nurses "just looking to get a paycheck." These are human beings that need understanding and someone who is willing to put the time and effort in with them.

Interview Questions

• I think that, due to the fact the working with this company was something I've been wanting to do since nursing school, there weren't any "unexpected" questions per se. I was already knowledgeable about the company , because I had "done my research" beforehand.

- I should mention that the overall hiring process requires patience. It took about a week to hear back to see if I even got the position. I officially formally accepted the job offer, and I'm truly excited about it. I'm just still waiting to hear back about the final paperwork,(and results from my fingerprinting/drug screen etc.) Which seems to be about a 2 week wait, and then hopefully, I'll hear my official start date...but as they say "Good things come to those who wait." So my best advice is to have patience, I was grateful that they at least called me to formally offer me the position, so I wasn't on "pins and needles" anymore.

EDIT: I'm now starting to understand what the other nurse who posted was saying. I managed to go through the drug test, fingerprint check etc. I even had my physical and the PPD, (which cost me 2 copays) and I STILL have yet to receive an actual start date from them. Although they are very nice to me. I have a friend that works here (different state though) but I'm going to ask them what's up.   1 Answer