Phoenix House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Phoenix House

2.5

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply online. You are then contacted by a recruiter who does a basic screening. You fill out an online application and provide any documentation. Once you get a call for an interview you go in and you’re interviewed by members of the nursing staff in a panel format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an issue at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Very professional, prompt communication, good questions to screen experience. Clinical director will interview you as well as the Executive Director for the facility. Be prepared to show how you handle ethical issues and boundaries with clients. Be prepared to discuss the fine line between therapeutic action for change and the need for gentle confrontation with the clients because of the facility setting (residential).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with teenage boys and substance abuse and what experience do you have working in a residential treatment facility?   Answer Question
    • How will you handle emergencies, the need to adapt your schedule to the needs of the patients, etc?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Arlington, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I started out as an intern and was hired as a counselor immediately after graduation. The Program Director position became available and the company approached me about the position.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging time in your life and how did you get through it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was already employed with the company there was no negotiations. I was happy with the salary offered.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Phoenix House.

Interview

Great attention to detail.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if....(speaking of potential harassment)   Answer Question

Talent Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phoenix House in January 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiter at the campus career fair. Talked about my background, and then they do a follow up call to make sure your still interested. Then it was a Regular interview, no surprising questions. Interviewers are nice. Questions include how do you manage a situation. Most of the questions were Behavioral based questions.

Administrative Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Tampa, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Was easy and submitted the proper paperwork there was a lot to get done with the new hire paperwork to start the position and the process is tedious

Interview Questions

• training was a complete joke they never gave me a chance to succeed here and fired me after 2 days of employment really unprofessional   Answer Question

Negotiation

none it was given to me

Administrative Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Was really easy my interviewer was very nice. I came in and filled out an application. The manager got me and started describing the job duties and then just asked me a couple of questions.

Talent Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Phoenix House in December 2015.

Interview

Brief phone screen by a intern. Afterwards, two formal phone interviews lasting about one hour each time (almost two weeks apart). I felt it went well because we discussed making their recruiting process more efficient and employer branding more recognizable among other things including implementing a positive candidate experience. The hiring manager wanted me to speak with their manager as the next step. Then, I didn’t hear back after several emails and phone calls to inquire on the status on scheduling me for a third phone interview like she said she was going to do. WHAT A VERY BAD IMPRESSION ON THIS ORGANIZATION!!! How would you like to be treated negatively during the recruiting and interviewing process? At least, respond back to your job candidates who are in the interviewing process! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Recovery Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called for a brief phone screen about a week after I applied. Afterwards, I was scheduled to attend my first interview which was a group interview that consisted of myself and four other peers. The recruiter and house manager conducted that interview. A week later, I was called for a peer interview where I was interviewed by a counselor, a supervisor, and a Recovey Advocate. A week after that, I was offered the position, took my drug test, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for Phoenix House?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker or supervisor. How did you handle that situatuon? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Nurse-LPN Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

After e-mailing my resume I was contacted for an interview. I was nervous (as anyone would be before an interview) but I was immediately put at ease when I entered the facility. Everyone was so warm and welcoming, I even got told by an employee before meeting with the person I was interviewing with "Oh, Your a nurse, good we need nurses!" Which immediately made me smile.

- The person that I interviewed with was very nice, understanding and easing going. I have a passion for working with people who suffer from substance abuse as well as psych issues, so sometimes it didn't even "feel" like an interview, but more like just chatting with someone who shares the same caring nature toward these individuals. Of course I was asked a few "traditional" interview questions (it was an interview after all.) I also had to have a valid N.Y state nursing license, as well as the other qualifications they were looking for (if you are applying for a nursing position at this facility, you should already be aware of these qualifications.) Also, it helps if you've had previous psyche experience and/or had worked with patients suffering from substance abuse before.

- This is a position that requires tons of compassion, understanding, and patience. It's not for nurses "just looking to get a paycheck." These are human beings that need understanding and someone who is willing to put the time and effort in with them.

Interview Questions

• I think that, due to the fact the working with this company was something I've been wanting to do since nursing school, there weren't any "unexpected" questions per se. I was already knowledgeable about the company , because I had "done my research" beforehand.

- I should mention that the overall hiring process requires patience. It took about a week to hear back to see if I even got the position. I officially formally accepted the job offer, and I'm truly excited about it. I'm just still waiting to hear back about the final paperwork,(and results from my fingerprinting/drug screen etc.) Which seems to be about a 2 week wait, and then hopefully, I'll hear my official start date...but as they say "Good things come to those who wait." So my best advice is to have patience, I was grateful that they at least called me to formally offer me the position, so I wasn't on "pins and needles" anymore.

EDIT: I'm now starting to understand what the other nurse who posted was saying. I managed to go through the drug test, fingerprint check etc. I even had my physical and the PPD, (which cost me 2 copays) and I STILL have yet to receive an actual start date from them. Although they are very nice to me. I have a friend that works here (different state though) but I'm going to ask them what's up.   1 Answer