Phones 4u Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Phones 4u Interview Questions

2.7

Control Room Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Phones 4u (Stafford, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Mandatory attendance at one of 4 presentation evenings for which limited tickets were available. Completion of application form and subsequent paper sift. Followed 2 weeks later by 3 Psychometric tests and 2 practical exercises. Once successful with this CRB check, Medical records, Opticians test, Financial check. Background and family checks. Medical examination and final offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was in the form of 2 practical exercises in handling situations in a live environment   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phones 4u.

Interview

Was telephoned and asked to attend interview with panel of 2 managers from local branches. They asked me to sell them an iPhone, and about my knowledge of latest phones

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle under Lyme, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phones 4u (Newcastle under Lyme, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

I sent off my CV about a week ago or two then did the telephone interview passed that and went on to the 1 to 1 interviews now I'm waiting for the background check to come though, how long does that take?

Interview Questions

• I got asked why did I wanna work for Phones 4 u and what I could bring to the table   1 Answer

Negotiation

I can start start away and I have no hoildays booked

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a really fun and laid back interview. Theres 2 round; the first being a set of group interviews, then if successful you go through to the second round, the 1 on 1 interview.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phones 4u (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

First step was sending in a CV, then I had a telephone interview. This was informal and was more like 2 old friends catching up. Then I was invited to a face-to-face interview with my GSM. He brought along his DM to witness the interview.

Before I could start I had to wait for a credit check to be completed and then I had to prove any outstanding debts had arrangements in place to pay.

Interview Questions

• The only thing to happen that was unexpected was that the interview was a stereotypical job interview "tell me about your previous job" "why did you leave" etc.

I was asked to talk about a passion of mine though. After being hired I was told that the answer didn't matter and that it was asked to see if I could sound interested in something to see if I could do that when selling phones.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually had to place the job offer on hold as I was about to go on holiday. Phones 4U was happy to wait for me to return to start my training.

General Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phones 4u.

Interview

phone interview, 1-1 interview depends on the role you apply for!!!!

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Phones 4u (Weymouth, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

I've received an e-mail informing that i would get a call to arrange a phone interview. Someone called me and we've scheduled the interview for some days later in the morning. Everything was a bit unexpected as soon as i've understood that the person that was calling me didn't even looked at my CV. It was the tiniest interview in the most impersonal way.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basically, if i thought i had the skills, why i've applied, what i thought about sales. 5 minutes and that was it.   Answer Question

Senior SEO EXECUTIVE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Phones 4u (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)).

Interview

Was approached by recruitment agent. Interviewed by 2 senior management. Offered job the very next day! Whole process was very agreeable, they were flexible in terms of how much notice I had to give etc

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any; I had been in the industry for 4 years already and all the questions were centred around SEO.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Phones 4u (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Find out if you are good with talking to customers.sales driven.find out how far from work person is.Look at what we can do to help get the most from that person.Look at all training with new and older people within the company.

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the company .   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phones 4u (Ipswich, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Step 1 - Online Application.
    Step 2 - Can be either a telephone based interview then if successful a face to face interview with store manager or assistant manager, sometimes you go straight to face to face interview.
    Step 3 - Training for a week at the Fort Dunlop Birmingham training academy.
    Step 4 - Start in store.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too specific. No different from any other standard interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.