PhysAssist Scribes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PhysAssist Scribes

2.1

Sort:

Medical Scribe Interview

Interview

Met at a career expo. Called to set up interview.

Interview Questions

Too many mandatory location shuffling.

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PhysAssist Scribes (Stockbridge, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was done over Skype but the lady was pleasant, she made me feel comfortable as it was my first time doing that type of interview. It was very professional and thorough for it be on skype.

Interview Questions

• What type of characteristic should a scribe posses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We were unable to get that far. I was not given the position after all.

Anonymous Employee in Brownstown, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PhysAssist Scribes (Brownstown, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed via webcam with a recruiter. The process didn't take longer than an hour. Just make sure you put on a nice shirt. The interviewing process was a bit intimidating for me, with this being my first webcam/skype interview. It was pre recorded and you get 2 tries for each question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I interviewed at PhysAssist Scribes (Miramar, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

A week after I completed my application, PhysAssist emailed and contacted me about an interview. It is a self interview, and you have one week to complete it. If something occurs, you do have the option to extend the deadline. The great thing about the self interview is you can do it in the comfort of your own home or the library and at anytime. Make sure you have a webcam; apparetly the camera on my laptop isn't enough. Check your settings to be sure your internet and computer supports the interview even before you're ready to actually sit down and begin the real interview. I ended up doing the interview at my school's library because the internet was much faster and there was a recording studio available with a webcam. There were 7 questions, with 1.5-2 minutes to answer each question, and the option of 1 chance to redo my answer. Once they ask you a question there is a 3 second countdown before it begins to record your answer. Afterwards you have the option to replay your answer, redo your answer, or go to the next question. A week and a half after my interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• -Besides liking science and helping people what are three reasons why you want to be in the health field?
      -Describe a time where you had a severe time restraint and what you did to overcome it?
      -What do you think the environment in the ED is like?   Answer Question

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PhysAssist Scribes.

Interview

I filled out an application online was immediately emailed instructions and a link to take a typing and grammar test. After I was contacted by someone from HR through email and was asked to set up a skype interview. The interview was done by an actual person and lasted a little more than 30 minutes. A day later I was contacted and given a conditional offer of employment upon successfully completing Scribe U in Texas. I will be attending Scribe U this week, which is 5 days and everything is payed for except for dinners. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• The ED is completely full and all nurses, aides, and, Dr's seem to be busy. A family member of a patient asks for water. What do you do or say?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Conditional offer of employment offered pending the completion of Scribe U, which is a 5 day training in TX. Upon successful completion a full offer of employment will be offered.

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PhysAssist Scribes.

Interview

One Skype interview with HR. was rather pleasant. Standard questions. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this job.

Second was a group phone call in which we were informed more about our duties and the company. Everyone was to wait for acceptance by phone. I however was singled out and was offered the job at the end of the call because my district was short on staffing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Everyone gets paid 7.25/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PhysAssist Scribes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The Interview process is fairly simple. Before the actual interview they ask you to look at some videos about the position and during the interview, they will ask some questions pertaining to the videos. I applied for this position and got a reply soon after and they are very open to hiring students.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PhysAssist Scribes (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

After completing the typing skills test you are offered a skype interview. The interview is one on one with a recruiter and very relaxed. Just answer the questions truthfully and express your desire for working with PhysAssist. Believe it or not the position is very easy to acquire. They need scribes like crazy because every year scribes leave to go to schools. Having scribe experience is no longer unique and more of a common thing for pre-med students. If possible apply to Scribe America they pay a little more from what I've heard from friends.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to this position.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a patient vomited all over you.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you taught a co-worker something.   Answer Question
    • If you could be any part of a bicycle which part would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PhysAssist Scribes in August 2015.

Interview

Skype interview that lasted around half an hour for me. My interviewer just spent time asking about what kind of person you are and how you would perform in an ER setting. Some questions were difficult to answer if you never experienced that situation before such as death in the ER. Overall interview was fairly easy and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to death?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PhysAssist Scribes (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

You apply online, if they like your application you move forward with a video interview. You are given two chances to record your responses to pre-recorded questions. Following this, you are called by your recruiter to further discuss things like death, hospital settings, and medical related experiences to ensure that you are fit for a job in the ER or in a medical setting. After this call, you may or may not be given an offer to train at Scribe University, the company's training course. During this course, you are taught basics of medical documentation including terminology and organization of medical records. It is also largely a test to see if you can learn the material fast enough to adapt to a busy ER and a job with a very steep learning curve. If your typing speed and learning speed are up to par, you will move on to residency in the hospital. Your first three hundred working hours are considered "residency", and you embark on this residency after shadowing another scribe and being closely watched for your first six shifts. After residency, you will receive a pay increase by one dollar.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your extracurricular activities apply to this job.   Answer Question