Physio-Control Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Physio-Control Interview Questions

3.1

Senior Project Engineer, Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line on company website. 2 weeks later the HR person contacted me to set up a phone interview. She called and asked general questions of me and my background. She spent most of the time yammering about how great Physio-Control is. Finally after an hour she set up a meeting on-site with the hiring manager for the next morning.

The next morning I travelled to HQ in Redmond to have a "meet and greet" ( HR's words not mine) with the hiring manager. I thought I was transformed back to Kindergarten, to meet my new teacher! A very casual meeting with the manager asking easy questions about my background. He was kind enough to give me a quick tour of the facility. The entire process lasted about an hour.

I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I finally e-mailed the original HR person and she said position closed the week before and she "forgot" to let me know. Sure she did.

My overall impressions of this company is it is slow and full of uninspired employees. As I walked around the facility I saw a lot of gray hair. I am sure they will soon be using the AEDs and defibrillators that Physio manufactures. Everyone seemed to be laughing and talking. I am not sure how much work was getting done.

Not a good place for those of us who like to work hard. But a great place for those on countdown to retirement.

Communications Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to a PR position. I had an initial phone screen followed by a phone interview. After the second call, I was assured I made it to the next round in the hiring process. I never heard another word despite following up with Julia Tsai one of the head recruiters. I don’t care if a company's needs or situation changes or if it finds a candidate that they prefer over me. But don’t tell me I am coming into the next round and then go dark permanently.

Fool me once…. I moved on, but a year in a half later I found myself in the market for a part-time PR position, and Physio-Control had an opening. I again had a phone interview. I spoke to the other head recruiter Larry St Pierre. He let me know I was one of just three candidates and that he would run our discussion by the hiring manager and be sure to be in touch about next steps. He also gave me permission to hound him if I did not hear back within a few weeks because it might be a slow process. I hounded Larry for an updated but never heard another word. In the process, I got a hold of Julia, who also promised that I would receive a call back as the position was still open and I was still a candidate. That was six months ago. So shame on me for not getting the hint but common! The recruiting department reflects extremely poorly upon the company. Now it will be time to get some interns and others to bury my post.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

The interview experience was positive. The interviewers were nice, invested, and showed me around the facility as a part of the interview. First up was a standard phone interview with an HR person. The questions were pretty simple: review the resume, ask about experience in different areas, and specific information about Physio. After that was an in-person interview with superiors. If you know the stuff, the interview questions are easy. I would strongly advise knowing all of the job requirements on the listing and having examples of how you have performed each in the past.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

HR info interview and standard panel interview with a few stress questions. Most of the questions dealt with working with teams and handling deadlines. They seemed very friendly and approachable. However, I had to wait for about 45 minutes for the HR rep who scheduled my interview to arrive and then she never followed up even after multiple phone calls asking what my status was.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a team member who wasn't pulling their own weight or dragging the team down?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Physio-Control in March 2014.

Interview

Had HR phone screen and hiring manager interview. HR interview was standard questions to weed out the ones that look good only on paper. The hiring manager phone interview was substandard. I was called 20 minutes after the scheduled interview time. We did a chronological walk through of my resume, which was very much in line with the requirements on the job posting. The manager then started talking more about the job and it was completely different than the posting described. I was supposed to hear something within the week, and it has been several months now. I knew someone in the company (not HR) and she told me that I didn't make the cut, but that she overheard a discussion between the hiring manager and another manager on what they should be looking for in a candidate. One friend had a similar bad experience with another hiring manager and a second friend had an interview set up and no one ever called him after an official interview was set up.

Materials Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

Sent in an on line application and received an email about 10 days later from HR representative to set up phone interview. Phone interview was generic. Had a follow-up interview with hiring manager in which this person seemed to point out all my weaknesses and I guess some interviews are going to be like that for a reason, but in this case their message was clear. Overall, a waste of time.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I only had a phone interview, but the HR Recruiter called on time and was very friendly. We spoke for 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was taken back that the person interviewing me had only worked there for a few weeks.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA).

Interview

This was for a contract position through Kelly Services

Marketing Segment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

I participated in an initial phone interview w/HR for 30 minutes.

The next step was a 4-hour interview process that included a presentation on the value proposition of their product (20 minutes - 6 people present), then lead a 20 minute brainstorming session, and finally wrapped up with 5 x 1:1 interviews (30 miinutes each).

The final step would have been a 1:1 interview with the CMO (I did not make it that far).

Interview Questions

• What company do you think is doing a good job of managing their brand right now? Why?

What company is doing poorly?
      Answer Question