Physio-Control Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Physio-Control Interview Questions

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I only had a phone interview, but the HR Recruiter called on time and was very friendly. We spoke for 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was taken back that the person interviewing me had only worked there for a few weeks.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

HR info interview and standard panel interview with a few stress questions. Most of the questions dealt with working with teams and handling deadlines. They seemed very friendly and approachable. However, I had to wait for about 45 minutes for the HR rep who scheduled my interview to arrive and then she never followed up even after multiple phone calls asking what my status was.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a team member who wasn't pulling their own weight or dragging the team down?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

On campus interview at my college followed by a 3 hour interview at Physio-Control. I was placed in a room and was interviewed by employees there followed by the hiring manager. They are mainly looking to see if you're a good personality fit for them.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral and background interview questions. Nothing stood out.   Answer Question

Senior Project Engineer, Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line on company website. 2 weeks later the HR person contacted me to set up a phone interview. She called and asked general questions of me and my background. She spent most of the time yammering about how great Physio-Control is. Finally after an hour she set up a meeting on-site with the hiring manager for the next morning.

The next morning I travelled to HQ in Redmond to have a "meet and greet" ( HR's words not mine) with the hiring manager. I thought I was transformed back to Kindergarten, to meet my new teacher! A very casual meeting with the manager asking easy questions about my background. He was kind enough to give me a quick tour of the facility. The entire process lasted about an hour.

I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I finally e-mailed the original HR person and she said position closed the week before and she "forgot" to let me know. Sure she did.

My overall impressions of this company is it is slow and full of uninspired employees. As I walked around the facility I saw a lot of gray hair. I am sure they will soon be using the AEDs and defibrillators that Physio manufactures. Everyone seemed to be laughing and talking. I am not sure how much work was getting done.

Not a good place for those of us who like to work hard. But a great place for those on countdown to retirement.

Communications Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to a PR position. I had an initial phone screen followed by a phone interview. After the second call, I was assured I made it to the next round in the hiring process. I never heard another word despite following up with Julia Tsai one of the head recruiters. I don’t care if a company's needs or situation changes or if it finds a candidate that they prefer over me. But don’t tell me I am coming into the next round and then go dark permanently.

Fool me once…. I moved on, but a year in a half later I found myself in the market for a part-time PR position, and Physio-Control had an opening. I again had a phone interview. I spoke to the other head recruiter Larry St Pierre. He let me know I was one of just three candidates and that he would run our discussion by the hiring manager and be sure to be in touch about next steps. He also gave me permission to hound him if I did not hear back within a few weeks because it might be a slow process. I hounded Larry for an updated but never heard another word. In the process, I got a hold of Julia, who also promised that I would receive a call back as the position was still open and I was still a candidate. That was six months ago. So shame on me for not getting the hint but common! The recruiting department reflects extremely poorly upon the company. Now it will be time to get some interns and others to bury my post.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

- Resume Evaluation/Introduction Interview on campus: discuss qualifications, experience, expectations
    - Series of behavioral Interviews with a manager and associate at the job site: STAR Questions
    - Finish with a factory tour
    Easy questions and friendly people!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met 1:1 with internship committee looking for a fit for their internship program at an event for my college/university. A week later traveled to site location and met with mentor for my project discussing project details along with project manager who had a few technical questions. Received phone call week later with a verbal offer and the same day received an email written offer. After signing had 48 hours to complete drug-test as well as pass on information for background check.

Overall an easy interview that if you study up on some basic programming questions as well as work on your communication skills to answer basic personality questions it should be easy.

Interview Questions

• What is the testing & development process you'd take to develop a simple desktop application?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in July 2008.

Interview

They use the star system where they have folks from various departments evaluate who may interact with you ask you the standard interview questions. Often the folks doing the evaluation are overruled by senior members, who would hire on the basis of 'how like' them was the candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At that time Physio was a division of Medtronic. They offered a fair salary but would not strike some of the clauses in the noncompete clause that are not enforceable.

Service Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

3 interviews each progressed along no delays. Questions were general but enough to get an idea of the company environment for me and conversations were cordial.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Back then the starting salary and benefits were out of my control they were established already take it or leave it.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control in April 2013.

Interview

After applying online for this summer position, I was initially contacted by phone by an HR representative. He invited me for a phone interview with one of the internship committee members. The phone interview happened the next day and lasted around 30 minutes. A week later I was invited for an in-person interview onsite with four different people over two hours (30 minutes with each person). We scheduled my interview to be taken place two days later. I had to fill out three pages of paperwork (standard application materials) and take them to the interview.

On the day of the onsite interview, I checked in with the front desk receptionist and waited in the lobby. A few minutes later I was greeted by my first interviewer, another employee from the internship committee, who took me up to a private interviewing room. He first asked how I found out about the opportunity, then asked me to tell him about myself. After a few other general interview questions I had the opportunity to ask him questions about the internship program itself. He told me more about how each intern gets their own mentor to guide them.

Immediately after the first interviewer left, the next interviewer came into the room. This employee was to be my mentor. He asked me about my skills, experience, work ethic, and interests. I then had the opportunity to ask him more about himself, his position, his department, and the project I would be working on.

After the second interviewer, my manager-to-be came in to the room. She came a little late, so I had a little less time with her and some extra time with my mentor-to-be. My manager-to-be asked me about my related experience, my design process, and how I think my course of study relates to the medical technology. I then got to ask her more about the company, its history, and its goals.

My interview session ended with an informal interview with a past intern who turned into a full-time employee. She gave me a walking tour of the campus, which was very informative and helpful. Seems like most places don't give you a walking tour until AFTER you are hired, but having the tour during the interview is nice for the interviewee because it helps him/her decide if the company is a place they could really see his/herself working at. After the walking tour we sat down in the cafeteria, where she gave me a chance to ask any informal questions, questions that probably wouldn't have been appropriate to ask during the previous three interviews. For example, I asked her about her experience when she was an intern, the social events she got to attend, and the compensation she got as an intern.'

Overall, the interview/hiring process was very good. Received the job offer a week after the interview, so the whole process took only about two weeks for me. This might have to do with the fact that I was the last person they interviewed for this position. The in-person interviews weren't intimidating at all; they were fairly conversational, since I wasn't asked to recite my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• The goal of the project for this internship was to design the "out-of-box experience" (packaging, instructional print materials, how the contents are laid out in the box, etc.) for one of their products in development. The most unexpected question was asked by my mentor-to-be (not verbatim): "Can you think of a product that had a memorable, unique, intuitive out-of-box experience?"   Answer Question