Physio-Control Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Physio-Control

3.1

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in July 2008.

Interview

They use the star system where they have folks from various departments evaluate who may interact with you ask you the standard interview questions. Often the folks doing the evaluation are overruled by senior members, who would hire on the basis of 'how like' them was the candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At that time Physio was a division of Medtronic. They offered a fair salary but would not strike some of the clauses in the noncompete clause that are not enforceable.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Physio-Control in March 2014.

Interview

Had HR phone screen and hiring manager interview. HR interview was standard questions to weed out the ones that look good only on paper. The hiring manager phone interview was substandard. I was called 20 minutes after the scheduled interview time. We did a chronological walk through of my resume, which was very much in line with the requirements on the job posting. The manager then started talking more about the job and it was completely different than the posting described. I was supposed to hear something within the week, and it has been several months now. I knew someone in the company (not HR) and she told me that I didn't make the cut, but that she overheard a discussion between the hiring manager and another manager on what they should be looking for in a candidate. One friend had a similar bad experience with another hiring manager and a second friend had an interview set up and no one ever called him after an official interview was set up.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of interview with various people from same team plus HR. The intention was to find out where I stand on the skills level both technical and organisational. Final interview was panel with variety of people in the room, once again to assess my long term suitability.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

HR info interview and standard panel interview with a few stress questions. Most of the questions dealt with working with teams and handling deadlines. They seemed very friendly and approachable. However, I had to wait for about 45 minutes for the HR rep who scheduled my interview to arrive and then she never followed up even after multiple phone calls asking what my status was.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a team member who wasn't pulling their own weight or dragging the team down?   Answer Question

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Arlington, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews - Intensive - Background check and drug test. Ride along was performed after the fourth stage of the interview. After this, the employee that is performing the ride-along recommends (or not) the potential employee.
    Management then decides to continue with the process or not.

Interview Questions

• Questions to determine capacity and aptitude for customer services.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable. not much though.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter then in-person interview a week after. I had 3 interviews in one day, one after the other. The first 2 interviews were 1 on 1 and were with potential business partners of your position (people not in your department). The third one was with the Manager and the Manager's boss. It was pretty tiring but were very good conversations. They wrapped it up with a tour of the facilities with the recruiter which was a really nice touch.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

- Resume Evaluation/Introduction Interview on campus: discuss qualifications, experience, expectations
    - Series of behavioral Interviews with a manager and associate at the job site: STAR Questions
    - Finish with a factory tour
    Easy questions and friendly people!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

Very fair and efficient. The process happened extremely quickly - several interviews over the span of less than three weeks - but I still felt like I received a comprehensive overview of the job and the team. HR partner was very friendly and kept me closely in the loop on next steps.

Communications Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to a PR position. I had an initial phone screen followed by a phone interview. After the second call, I was assured I made it to the next round in the hiring process. I never heard another word despite following up with Julia Tsai one of the head recruiters. I don’t care if a company's needs or situation changes or if it finds a candidate that they prefer over me. But don’t tell me I am coming into the next round and then go dark permanently.

Fool me once…. I moved on, but a year in a half later I found myself in the market for a part-time PR position, and Physio-Control had an opening. I again had a phone interview. I spoke to the other head recruiter Larry St Pierre. He let me know I was one of just three candidates and that he would run our discussion by the hiring manager and be sure to be in touch about next steps. He also gave me permission to hound him if I did not hear back within a few weeks because it might be a slow process. I hounded Larry for an updated but never heard another word. In the process, I got a hold of Julia, who also promised that I would receive a call back as the position was still open and I was still a candidate. That was six months ago. So shame on me for not getting the hint but common! The recruiting department reflects extremely poorly upon the company. Now it will be time to get some interns and others to bury my post.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, met with 8 separate people over the course of three weeks. Interviewing was a good experience, however I was not extended an offer for several months after with no response from HR after inquiring what the status of the position was several times. Received a call out of the blue. Very odd.