Physio-Control Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Physio-Control Interview Questions

Interviews at Physio-Control

3.1

Technician Interview

Interview

The interview process seemed to be industry standard. There was phone interview first, and then the in-person interview/s. Questions were specific to the position and Interviewers were pleasant. The work environment seemed to be very pleasant. Following up with the interview was very responsive with responses within one day. Communication with recruiting employee was pleasant as well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was brought in through hiring agency Ajillon.
    Ajillon let me know when Physio was interested; performed an over-the-phone interview about skills and previous Order Entry jobs (this is primarily what they're looking for as well as great personal skills)
    Brought in a few days later for in-person interview. Met Supervisor and Trainer, Anastasia. Was offered the job a day later via Ajillon.

Interview Questions

• What is your history with order entry?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever utilized Dual-monitors?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to utilize multiple screens while assisting a customer and documenting the interaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to say to the Ajillon Staffing rep my salary information. I aksed between $13 and $14, however they stated starting salary was $16/hr.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA).

Interview

This was for a contract position through Kelly Services

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I only had a phone interview, but the HR Recruiter called on time and was very friendly. We spoke for 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was taken back that the person interviewing me had only worked there for a few weeks.   Answer Question

Service Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

3 interviews each progressed along no delays. Questions were general but enough to get an idea of the company environment for me and conversations were cordial.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Back then the starting salary and benefits were out of my control they were established already take it or leave it.

Marketing Segment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

I participated in an initial phone interview w/HR for 30 minutes.

The next step was a 4-hour interview process that included a presentation on the value proposition of their product (20 minutes - 6 people present), then lead a 20 minute brainstorming session, and finally wrapped up with 5 x 1:1 interviews (30 miinutes each).

The final step would have been a 1:1 interview with the CMO (I did not make it that far).

Interview Questions

• What company do you think is doing a good job of managing their brand right now? Why?

What company is doing poorly?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control in April 2013.

Interview

After applying online for this summer position, I was initially contacted by phone by an HR representative. He invited me for a phone interview with one of the internship committee members. The phone interview happened the next day and lasted around 30 minutes. A week later I was invited for an in-person interview onsite with four different people over two hours (30 minutes with each person). We scheduled my interview to be taken place two days later. I had to fill out three pages of paperwork (standard application materials) and take them to the interview.

On the day of the onsite interview, I checked in with the front desk receptionist and waited in the lobby. A few minutes later I was greeted by my first interviewer, another employee from the internship committee, who took me up to a private interviewing room. He first asked how I found out about the opportunity, then asked me to tell him about myself. After a few other general interview questions I had the opportunity to ask him questions about the internship program itself. He told me more about how each intern gets their own mentor to guide them.

Immediately after the first interviewer left, the next interviewer came into the room. This employee was to be my mentor. He asked me about my skills, experience, work ethic, and interests. I then had the opportunity to ask him more about himself, his position, his department, and the project I would be working on.

After the second interviewer, my manager-to-be came in to the room. She came a little late, so I had a little less time with her and some extra time with my mentor-to-be. My manager-to-be asked me about my related experience, my design process, and how I think my course of study relates to the medical technology. I then got to ask her more about the company, its history, and its goals.

My interview session ended with an informal interview with a past intern who turned into a full-time employee. She gave me a walking tour of the campus, which was very informative and helpful. Seems like most places don't give you a walking tour until AFTER you are hired, but having the tour during the interview is nice for the interviewee because it helps him/her decide if the company is a place they could really see his/herself working at. After the walking tour we sat down in the cafeteria, where she gave me a chance to ask any informal questions, questions that probably wouldn't have been appropriate to ask during the previous three interviews. For example, I asked her about her experience when she was an intern, the social events she got to attend, and the compensation she got as an intern.'

Overall, the interview/hiring process was very good. Received the job offer a week after the interview, so the whole process took only about two weeks for me. This might have to do with the fact that I was the last person they interviewed for this position. The in-person interviews weren't intimidating at all; they were fairly conversational, since I wasn't asked to recite my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• The goal of the project for this internship was to design the "out-of-box experience" (packaging, instructional print materials, how the contents are laid out in the box, etc.) for one of their products in development. The most unexpected question was asked by my mentor-to-be (not verbatim): "Can you think of a product that had a memorable, unique, intuitive out-of-box experience?"   Answer Question

Senior Project Engineer, Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line on company website. 2 weeks later the HR person contacted me to set up a phone interview. She called and asked general questions of me and my background. She spent most of the time yammering about how great Physio-Control is. Finally after an hour she set up a meeting on-site with the hiring manager for the next morning.

The next morning I travelled to HQ in Redmond to have a "meet and greet" ( HR's words not mine) with the hiring manager. I thought I was transformed back to Kindergarten, to meet my new teacher! A very casual meeting with the manager asking easy questions about my background. He was kind enough to give me a quick tour of the facility. The entire process lasted about an hour.

I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I finally e-mailed the original HR person and she said position closed the week before and she "forgot" to let me know. Sure she did.

My overall impressions of this company is it is slow and full of uninspired employees. As I walked around the facility I saw a lot of gray hair. I am sure they will soon be using the AEDs and defibrillators that Physio manufactures. Everyone seemed to be laughing and talking. I am not sure how much work was getting done.

Not a good place for those of us who like to work hard. But a great place for those on countdown to retirement.

Engineer, Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

interview rounds. one person at a time, 30 minutes each, 5 or 6 people total. overall my interview was pretty softball. it was more like them trying to see if you'd fit their team that your personality would match. nobody wants to work with a jerk, right? tech questions were basic. as i found out later much of what i was going to do i'd need to learn on the job, peculiar to Physio Control systems.... so as long as you are basically competent in your technical background, its not an issue. overall fairly easy and low key.

Interview Questions

• personality type questions, professional prior employment stuff, some technical questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. This a contract-to-hire position.

Applied through Ajilon, received a call and email a week later. Went to Ajilons' hub in Seattle for an informational meeting and interview regarding multiple applications.
    Really sold myself to the two Agents (Kirby and Jennifer).

A few days later, I had a phone interview with Kathi and was invited to an in-person meeting. Kathi was sick, so her Supervisor met with me. Very straight forward in her questions. A little intimidating. Next I met with Anastasia, my to-be trainer. Very casual, wanted to know details and what I was looking for. Why I would fit and how I would work best for the company. After the interview, I was told they'd contact me by the end of the week. Was offered to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with order processing and probing for information?   Answer Question
    • What are you hoping to achieve from this position?   Answer Question
    • We need you to be able to multi-task. There is little to no down-time and some calls are during an emergency, you need to be able to know what accessory they need to their Pak. Can you handle this?   Answer Question