Physio-Control Interview Questions in Redmond, WA | Glassdoor

Physio-Control Interview Questions in Redmond, WA

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. This a contract-to-hire position.

Applied through Ajilon, received a call and email a week later. Went to Ajilons' hub in Seattle for an informational meeting and interview regarding multiple applications.
    Really sold myself to the two Agents (Kirby and Jennifer).

A few days later, I had a phone interview with Kathi and was invited to an in-person meeting. Kathi was sick, so her Supervisor met with me. Very straight forward in her questions. A little intimidating. Next I met with Anastasia, my to-be trainer. Very casual, wanted to know details and what I was looking for. Why I would fit and how I would work best for the company. After the interview, I was told they'd contact me by the end of the week. Was offered to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with order processing and probing for information?   Answer Question
    • What are you hoping to achieve from this position?   Answer Question
    • We need you to be able to multi-task. There is little to no down-time and some calls are during an emergency, you need to be able to know what accessory they need to their Pak. Can you handle this?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was brought in through hiring agency Ajillon.
    Ajillon let me know when Physio was interested; performed an over-the-phone interview about skills and previous Order Entry jobs (this is primarily what they're looking for as well as great personal skills)
    Brought in a few days later for in-person interview. Met Supervisor and Trainer, Anastasia. Was offered the job a day later via Ajillon.

Interview Questions

• What is your history with order entry?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever utilized Dual-monitors?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to utilize multiple screens while assisting a customer and documenting the interaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to say to the Ajillon Staffing rep my salary information. I aksed between $13 and $14, however they stated starting salary was $16/hr.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager, onsite for half a day with 6 people. Everyone I met was tremendously nice. You will be interviewing with your future peers, the manager, senior managers, director, and VP. The interview process was very organized and starts with a tour of the facility followed by multiple 1:1 and 2 person interview panels.

Senior Project Engineer, Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line on company website. 2 weeks later the HR person contacted me to set up a phone interview. She called and asked general questions of me and my background. She spent most of the time yammering about how great Physio-Control is. Finally after an hour she set up a meeting on-site with the hiring manager for the next morning.

The next morning I travelled to HQ in Redmond to have a "meet and greet" ( HR's words not mine) with the hiring manager. I thought I was transformed back to Kindergarten, to meet my new teacher! A very casual meeting with the manager asking easy questions about my background. He was kind enough to give me a quick tour of the facility. The entire process lasted about an hour.

I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I finally e-mailed the original HR person and she said position closed the week before and she "forgot" to let me know. Sure she did.

My overall impressions of this company is it is slow and full of uninspired employees. As I walked around the facility I saw a lot of gray hair. I am sure they will soon be using the AEDs and defibrillators that Physio manufactures. Everyone seemed to be laughing and talking. I am not sure how much work was getting done.

Not a good place for those of us who like to work hard. But a great place for those on countdown to retirement.

Communications Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to a PR position. I had an initial phone screen followed by a phone interview. After the second call, I was assured I made it to the next round in the hiring process. I never heard another word despite following up with Julia Tsai one of the head recruiters. I don’t care if a company's needs or situation changes or if it finds a candidate that they prefer over me. But don’t tell me I am coming into the next round and then go dark permanently.

Fool me once…. I moved on, but a year in a half later I found myself in the market for a part-time PR position, and Physio-Control had an opening. I again had a phone interview. I spoke to the other head recruiter Larry St Pierre. He let me know I was one of just three candidates and that he would run our discussion by the hiring manager and be sure to be in touch about next steps. He also gave me permission to hound him if I did not hear back within a few weeks because it might be a slow process. I hounded Larry for an updated but never heard another word. In the process, I got a hold of Julia, who also promised that I would receive a call back as the position was still open and I was still a candidate. That was six months ago. So shame on me for not getting the hint but common! The recruiting department reflects extremely poorly upon the company. Now it will be time to get some interns and others to bury my post.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter then in-person interview a week after. I had 3 interviews in one day, one after the other. The first 2 interviews were 1 on 1 and were with potential business partners of your position (people not in your department). The third one was with the Manager and the Manager's boss. It was pretty tiring but were very good conversations. They wrapped it up with a tour of the facilities with the recruiter which was a really nice touch.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA).

Interview

phone interview, then one on-site interview with 4-5 people, taking half a day. i think the difficulty of the experience can vary depending on the functional group and who is actually tasked to interview that day. background check was standard, contracted out to a service, and i don't think my references were even called.

Interview Questions

• the hiring manager asked the toughest questions, higher-level questions regarding processes and methodologies. the human resources person asked softball questions, maybe just weeding out the weirdos. The developers asked pretty straightforward technical questions, if you know what you're doing you'll be alright, and if you don't know an answer just do your best to work through it as much as you can without B.S.ing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they offered a fair salary, perhaps slightly on the lower side of average, because at the time (several years ago) the company was a subsidiary of Medtronic, and the benefits were actually really great. But there was still room for negotiation, and i was able to increase the final offer by doing my homework on relative regional salaries influenced by my particular skill set and experience. now the benefits suck, so be sure to negotiate accordingly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met 1:1 with internship committee looking for a fit for their internship program at an event for my college/university. A week later traveled to site location and met with mentor for my project discussing project details along with project manager who had a few technical questions. Received phone call week later with a verbal offer and the same day received an email written offer. After signing had 48 hours to complete drug-test as well as pass on information for background check.

Overall an easy interview that if you study up on some basic programming questions as well as work on your communication skills to answer basic personality questions it should be easy.

Interview Questions

• What is the testing & development process you'd take to develop a simple desktop application?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Had a phone screening/mini-interview with the HR recruiter. Next interview was in person with 3 team members (met with each separately). Someone in the same position I was applying for, a senior level teammate and the manager. Final interview was with the director and C-level. (Since my interview things have changed some for that team. It is now a panel interview instead of meeting with all 3 separately, and the C-level doesn't usually get involved anymore.)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA).

Interview

This was for a contract position through Kelly Services