Pier 1 Imports Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pier 1 Imports Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2016

2.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in April 2016.

Interview

Unstructured and random. Likely due to my already holding the position at another store that was closing. There was an apparent lack of obligation to an already employed ASM which I have never expierenced in my retail management career and also contradicts the regular practice of moving ASMs to different stores every 12 months.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Issaquah, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was working in the store already as a sales associate. I applied online and answered the questions towards leadership. I was then interviewed by the regional director on the phone for the position at full-time hourly. I had previous store management experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Columbia, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the store manager contacted me about the same time via email after finding me on another search engine. I interviewed in person and then over the phone the next day with the Regional Manager. Both were wonderful to chat with and we went over typical management questions and answers. We discussed my experience and things I have dealt with over my past jobs.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about team building and setting displays to plano and handling employee issues etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Tustin, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a particular store. Got a call from a manager of another store who asked me questions over the phone and set up a same day 1:1 interview. I arrived 15 minutes early and he was not ready until about 10 minutes after the appointment time. I provided him with a copy of my resume since he didn't have one. He asked a lot of scripted detailed questions over the course of 90 minutes or so. He was like a robot with no personality--never cracked a smile--and took himself way too seriously. He talked so much I was trying really hard to stay awake. Then he told me I had a lot of experience, but low energy.

He scheduled me for a second interview with another different store manager in the area. I declined to move forward with the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Danvers, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application and screening process. About 3 weeks later I received a voicemail from the Store Manager, who asked me to call back. I was further pre-screened for an interview by her current assistant. I came in for an interview about a week later. The whole process took about an hour and a half. She showed me around the store and each department. Then we conducted a formal q+a interview in her office.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with visual merchandising?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult situation in which you have to coach an associate on something they did wrong?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I met with the district manager after my first interview and we then talked salary. She had a set rubrik of what they offered based on experience and it lined up with what I was asking for.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I met with a Store Manager who asked me a series of questions designed to determine my ability to diffuse workplace difficulties and customer service issues. How would I handle it if I saw a co-worker stealing for example. What would I do if a customer was dissatisfied with her service? Have I ever encountered an unhappy customer and what did I do to resolve the issue? I was then called back for a second interview with the District Manager who asked me similar questions and also took me on a tour of the shop, explaining what some of the terms were etc.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had an employee steal before was a difficult question.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

The questions are all from a script. Very basic questions that you would find at any other location. They didn't go very far off the script but seemed to like that I asked questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is too difficult, most questions are every day.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

the Interview process was well planned and a great way to get a feel for the passion of the companey

Interview Questions

• there were many questions pertaining to previous experience in retail and what if situations   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very Easy and quick. PreScreen over the phone was very thorough and discussed availability and pay expectations even before interview. We also did a role play during the interview for me to sell my favorite product in the store utilizing my natural selling skills.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell credit cards effectively with proper training?   1 Answer
    • What experience have you had in selling credit cards?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Applied online but must apply in store to get any kind of interview. Two phone interviews and one face to face.