Pier 1 Imports Customer Service/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Customer Service/Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in October 2009.

Interview

I filled out the application in-store and was called the very next day for an interview that was scheduled three days out. The interview started by asking typical questions like "If a customer were to ask you a question you didn't know the answer to, what would you do?" and a few different questions on my previous experience in certain areas. Questions like "Tell me about a time when interacting with a customer was difficult?" and many different "give an example of" questions like "Give me an example of when you had to work as a team to accomplish a goal", "Give me an example of when you demonstrated leadership" "When you overcame a difficulty and solved a problem" The sit-down portion of the interview lasted about 20 minutes, afterwhich I was lead out onto the sales floor and was asked to role-play as if I were an employee and the hiring manager was the customer. Role-playing situations were things like demonstrating how to sell a customer looking at a piece of furniture on getting a Pier 1 credit card, mentioning details that were given to me seconds beforehand. And seeing that a customer had a particle item in hand and suggesting corresponding purchases to up-sell to the customer. Also, just greeting a customer from the moment they walked in, and asking what brought them in and assisting them in finding it. After that, I was told I would be called by the manager if I were to be hired. I was called two days later and asked to come in to fill out the appropiate hiring paperwork. Did submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you demonstrated leadership...   Answer Question
  • If a customer were to ask you a question you didn't know the answer to, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work on a deadline to accomplish a set task or goal...   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of when you had to work in a team to accomplish something...   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you are a match for this position?   Answer Question