Pier 1 Imports Retail/sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pier 1 Imports Retail/sales Associate Interview Questions

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Was a telephone interview. HR asked normal interview questions, such as my past work experience, was any sales related, why I chose to apply at this company, and what my goals were.

Interview Questions

• Past sales experience, why did you choose to apply, what is your goal with our company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Macon, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online. Called for several weeks hoping to get an interview. Once I finally spoke to the manager, he told me to come in and start the hiring process. He said he liked the way I related with his other associates over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What are your available hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Park City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with two people at one time, which is fine. I had to sit through a video about their policies, which seems like it could have been covered in the interview rather than sitting in the back room watching a video.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in July 2014.

Interview

I applied with a million other jobs at the time, so it was honestly at the back of my mind when they called me about 2 weeks later. But it ended up being the job I went with! It was a group interview with 3 people in total. Very casual, very friendly. We went around introducing ourselves and then the SM asked us each a question. They were easy questions like, "Tell me about a time you gave a customer excellent service" and "Describe a time when you had to multitask or were overwhelmed with a task at work". It took about 2 hours in total, mostly because we were all chatting together over each question. All three of us got hired on the spot, and I started training that next week.

Interview Questions

• Group interviews can be difficult when trying not to repeat the same answer as the person before you. Try to stand out!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Fairfield, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

Group interview with role playing questions. They had 8 candidates sit in the back room for an interview. There was a brief company overview and then what they expect from the sale associates. Mainly, they have the applicants role play as the sale associate and customer. They only offer 12 to 15 hours a week and the schedule changes weekly. You have to find coverage from other employees yourself to cover time off or if you are unavailable the days they require you to work.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a credit card after a client said no.   1 Answer

Minimum wage

Retail/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Watertown, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Not impressed with the hiring process. Too lengthy and I feel like I won't ever get a call back even though I did well in the group interview. Waiting for mgr to "verify" my references and then maybe I will be offered position? Who knows...

Interview Questions

• Series of open ended questions in group interview..."name a time when you helped a customer make a decision that was both good for them and your company"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

They interview people in groups - managed to find a way to make the interview process even more uncomfortable! Due to timing issues I ended up interviewing alone and it was just one on one with the hiring manager of the store. The questions asked were typical for any sales position. They did require me to act out a scenario with a customer. The process was pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer that looks liked they are stealing?   1 Answer