Pier 1 Imports Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online, received a call within an hour of applying. Phone Interview consisted of pre-designated questions read directly off a sheet. Very basic.

Why do you want to work here?
Do you shop here?
Define what customer service is to you.
What would you do in "X" situation.

VERY easy. 1 on 1 interview was more of the same questions above, re-hashed in specific scenarios.

Days later, had an interview with the regional manager. This one was REALLY long. Close to 2 hours. His questions were very specific. I think it lasted as long as it did because we had an instant rapport with each other and just clicked. He was very easy going and a pleasure to talk to. I was offered the job after he compared notes with my interview with the store manager. I'm sure he just touched base to see if we would be a good fit with each other in the store I applied to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered more than what was initially offered to me based on my experience.

Original offer was told to me by store manager. Regional manager bumped me up based on my experience.