Pier 1 Imports Pier I Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pier 1 Imports Pier I Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Pier I Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Got a call and was asked to come in that day. There were 3 other people who were called for an interview but only I showed up so it became a one on one. The store manager explained what I would be doing is setting up new displays in the store. Transitioning from halloween decorations to christmas and new years. Basic interview questions about handling customers and other scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What was a unique obstacle you most recently overcame?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Pier I Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Laguna Niguel, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

You must fill out an application in the store, and Pier 1 does not accept anyone under eighteen years of age. Provide as much availability as possible, especially weekends. Pier 1 emphasizes being able to be friendly, and to function as a group with the other associates. They like people who are outgoing but polite and bright. Many store managers (especially this one) are particularly concerned with an interviewee’s dress sense. Where dress pants or a skirt, or very, very nice jeans, with a collared shirt or blouse, preferably white, but maybe blue or black or gray, with no logos and closed-toed dress shoes. They are testing a person’s ability to look and act professionally, to give care to customers and be able to help make sales. They are also concerned about an employee who is trustworthy and has a good work ethic, and a good sense of doing all types of work, from custodial, to merchandising, to selling, to heavy lifting. Do not fidget and speak clearly and write clearly. Be that outgoing, energetic person, and be prepared to convince the manager that you will be a good asset to the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who is searching for something, and needs to leave in a hurry?   1 Answer