Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.0

249 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

you have to apply online & take a test (30 minutes). you have to do it on a computer. it won't work on a phone.

if you pass that, they will email you for an interview. store interviews are done by the store manager. i think i applied on a thursday and received the interview email request on saturday. i interviewed on tuesday & was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• if you could be any animal, what would it be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

I arrived to the interview and was surprised to see that I would be interviewing with a 62 year old woman, Im 18. From the beggining I felt ignored and disregarded. The 2 people interviewing us would not make eye contact with me, but were fully engaged with the other woman interviewing. One of the questions was "tell us something that we cant read on your resume." While I was talking, I watched the interviewer write "boring." Overall the questions were strangely worded and the interview was rushed. I was so dissapointed because Ive loved Pier1 since I was a kid, and have never experienced anything other than great customer service. Maybe it was just this location, but it was definitely the worst interview experience Ive ever had.

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Waco, TX).

Interview

Normal interview questions, not too creative or in depth. They usually set up interviews in groups, but most of the time only one person ends up showing up, and they basically get the offer a day later.

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Rockwall, TX).

Interview

I had received an email from the source Indeed.com from the store manager herself saying they are hiring and would like for me to apply. I applied and set up an interview righty away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your further goals? Availability? What sales/customer service experience do you have?

The second part of the interview I had to demonstrate customer service by acting a scenario and trying to sell a certain item.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I applied and got a call back about 2-3 weeks after to schedule am interview. When I arrived for the interview, it was incredibly comfortable and informal. The hiring manager asked me a few questions and we just chatted like a normal conversation. I was offered the position on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Friday night, got a call Monday morning and my interview was the next day on Tuesday. I walked into the store, walked around until the Manager was able to interview me, it was a few minutes after our scheduled time, but they had gotten a very large shipment. The manager apologized about making me wait, even though it wasn't more than 5 minutes. The interview itself took about 30 minutes, it was a really easy and really relaxed interview! Just be yourself!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and received a call back in less than 2 days to come in the following day for an interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes where we spoke about my past experiences and what to look forward to if hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Hiring was an online assessment test. After completing you get called for an interview if you are liked you could possibly be offered the position on the spot. Simple questions not rocket science the questions are based on your assessment results.

Interview Questions

• What kinda of customer service situation have you been in?   Answer Question
    • How would you answer the question about how something looks even if you don't like it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I received a call the next day. I was in for an interview a couple of days after that. And got a call a day after the interview saying that wanted to hire me. The interview, in my opinion, had your standard interview questions. Overall, I would say the entire process, from start to finish, was easy and stress free.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength? Weakness? What are you hobbies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Newburgh, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked a few questions like " how would you handle this situation?" " what is your previous experience in retail?" one thing that made me less nervous during the interview was the person who was interviewing me offered me a piece of paper to write on since i was so nervous i could barely speak from stutering.

Interview Questions

• "how would you handle this situation where a customer is getting upset?"   Answer Question