Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and received a call back in less than 2 days to come in the following day for an interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes where we spoke about my past experiences and what to look forward to if hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Hiring was an online assessment test. After completing you get called for an interview if you are liked you could possibly be offered the position on the spot. Simple questions not rocket science the questions are based on your assessment results.

Interview Questions

• What kinda of customer service situation have you been in?   Answer Question
    • How would you answer the question about how something looks even if you don't like it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I received a call the next day. I was in for an interview a couple of days after that. And got a call a day after the interview saying that wanted to hire me. The interview, in my opinion, had your standard interview questions. Overall, I would say the entire process, from start to finish, was easy and stress free.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength? Weakness? What are you hobbies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Stockton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online the process took 2-3 weeks. I got a call for an interview shortly after, i was interviewed with another girl and coincidentally it happened to be a friend I went to high school with! The interview was really relaxed and in a friendly atmosphere. I was asked the basic interview questions. The interview was very easy and the store manager was super friendly! I got a call on the 3rd week on a Sunday and started working on that Wednesday!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pier 1?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Basic interview process, not very long at all, role play required, everything explained upfront, a lot of customer service based questions, and what I was looking for out of this experience

Interview Questions

• Name a time/place where you encountered great customer service and what made it so great.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

We talked about my experience in sales and all kind of random stuff, it was a pretty nice conversation. She had to go through a long catalogue of questions to ask me but it was fine and she made it quick.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Sell me this Papasan.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

It was super easy! They talked to me one on one. We talked about normal things like why is sales so important? I dressed up in nice slacks and a tank with a sweater. The talk was incredibly casual and I felt very comfortable. The woman I talked to though did not actually work at that location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

The store manager interviewed me and would interrupt me after asking a question and me answering half way. She was really rude and didn't stop talking to let me answer questions. This was the worst interview I've had. I'm pretty sure as soon as I walked in she knew she wasn't going to give me the job because I was younger than all the current workers there. She also asked me what other places I was applying and if I'd gotten a call back which was really weird to ask.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Upper Arlington, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted via email by the store manager at my store, she was not going to be there much longer so she interviewed me then I had to have a second interview with the new store manager at a different location.

Interview Questions

• How would you get you sales team to focus on sales more, and boost up team morale.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a lesser position then what I was originally interviewing for, which was okay because they topped me out with maximum associate pay. But it took me a few days to really decide I'd this company was worth the risk.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very casual and calming. I felt relieved as soon as I sat down with the manager. It was more like a conversation rather than an interview. I was hired on the spot and paperwork was filled out only a couple days later. This is the best interview I've ever had.