Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online--twice. The second time I applied online, I got a call. The position was to work part-time, as a seasonal associate. However, if I did really well and proved my work ethic I had a chance to continue with the company.

The Manager, was nice (it seemed). She asked me a lot of questions, many pertaining to the way I would conduct myself in a customer service setting. She wasn't laid-back in her approach to these questions. She kept it rigid & formal. However, I remained focus and natural in each questioned I answered, which is what I think got me the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Role playing scenarios and group interactions. Interviewed as a group first, then individually. Paper application and on line test. Interviewed by junior management. 3 day process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in April 2016.

Interview

Began with a long application process. Got a phone call 2 months later. Did a over the phone interview and was invited to a group interview two days later. At group interview there was role playing where I was asked to sell her a dresser and general interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Conway, AR) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with multiple candidates; there were hands on activities that we were requested to conduct in front of the store manager. The interview was great and very different from other interviews that I have been exposed to. The whole interview process took approximately 3 days from the time I applied. I received a call back from the store manager the same day I had my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to let a person/customer down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She suggested a better pay rate for my experience.

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Altoona, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

One interview and hired on the spot. It's about a half an hour. For a minimum wage job it was actually hard and as difficult as one for a salary position.

Interview Questions

• They ask what mistake you made at your previous employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

We talked about my experience in sales and all kind of random stuff, it was a pretty nice conversation. She had to go through a long catalogue of questions to ask me but it was fine and she made it quick.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Sell me this Papasan.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (San Angelo, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Normal questions asked work background asked history asked availability. transportation. start date. rates of pay. current position open. position details. tour of store. background of company. sales chat on sales floor

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years. where do you see yourself in 6 months   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Applied online, waited about a week before I got a call for an interview. The manager was really easy to talk to, got hired on the spot. The interview questions were pretty easy, straight forward questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

The store manager interviewed me and would interrupt me after asking a question and me answering half way. She was really rude and didn't stop talking to let me answer questions. This was the worst interview I've had. I'm pretty sure as soon as I walked in she knew she wasn't going to give me the job because I was younger than all the current workers there. She also asked me what other places I was applying and if I'd gotten a call back which was really weird to ask.

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Gig Harbor, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview - with two other people. We sat on a couch in the front of the store and the manager asked each of us the same set of questions, one by one. After that was finished, we were asked to participate in something called "Roleplay" where each of us, individually, had to pick a random item in the store and attempt to "sell" it to the manager, as if they were a customer. Wasn't too bad, just kind of awkward. A bit difficult if you have no prior retail or sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself.
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Q: Why do you want to work for Pier 1?
      Q: Describe a time at your previous job when you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?
      Q: What does customer service mean to you?
      1 Answer