Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.0

243 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online--twice. The second time I applied online, I got a call. The position was to work part-time, as a seasonal associate. However, if I did really well and proved my work ethic I had a chance to continue with the company.

The Manager, was nice (it seemed). She asked me a lot of questions, many pertaining to the way I would conduct myself in a customer service setting. She wasn't laid-back in her approach to these questions. She kept it rigid & formal. However, I remained focus and natural in each questioned I answered, which is what I think got me the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Role playing scenarios and group interactions. Interviewed as a group first, then individually. Paper application and on line test. Interviewed by junior management. 3 day process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in April 2016.

Interview

Began with a long application process. Got a phone call 2 months later. Did a over the phone interview and was invited to a group interview two days later. At group interview there was role playing where I was asked to sell her a dresser and general interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Conway, AR) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with multiple candidates; there were hands on activities that we were requested to conduct in front of the store manager. The interview was great and very different from other interviews that I have been exposed to. The whole interview process took approximately 3 days from the time I applied. I received a call back from the store manager the same day I had my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to let a person/customer down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She suggested a better pay rate for my experience.

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Altoona, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

One interview and hired on the spot. It's about a half an hour. For a minimum wage job it was actually hard and as difficult as one for a salary position.

Interview Questions

• They ask what mistake you made at your previous employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Elk Grove, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online on their website and got called within a few days. At the day of the interview, I Wore something professional, gave a firm handshake, bragged about my experience, and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I had to apply online; which was not a big deal. The interview itself was a group interview with only the manager and 7 other potential employees. It was a bit nerve racking!

Interview Questions

• They had us walk around the store and find an item that we liked. Then we all came back and told each other why we picked the item we chose.
      Then we had to look to convince the person next to us that they needed this item and how well it would look good in their home.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, in person interview, was very basic, went over the amount of hours available etc. Was a pretty simple interview, took about 20 minutes total. very relaxed. dress nicely, but no need for business clothing.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would sell a certain item in the store   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

We talked about my experience in sales and all kind of random stuff, it was a pretty nice conversation. She had to go through a long catalogue of questions to ask me but it was fine and she made it quick.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Sell me this Papasan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (San Angelo, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Normal questions asked work background asked history asked availability. transportation. start date. rates of pay. current position open. position details. tour of store. background of company. sales chat on sales floor

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years. where do you see yourself in 6 months   Answer Question